Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So it will be going ahead this year, despite Covid 19. It will start a month later than usual in October.

They have announced the first 6 contestants

I presume each couple will maintain their own social bubble and I think they are planning a limited audience (the info is so limited, which is why I'm late posting!!)

I do know that Bruno Tonioli's appearances will be limited due to his appearances in the US.

So I'll post this in case @sheepdog @Anonymous @jonsie @MI5 and @Mi-Amigo are still interested.

Actress Caroline Quentin is the first contestant announcedCaroline Quentin.jpg

Then we have Jason Bell, a former professional American football player living in the UK now

Jason Bell.jpg

Third contestant is Max George from the group The Wanted (We all remember Jay McGuinness from the same group)

Max George

Max George.jpg

4th Contestant is Ranvir Singh (Good Morning Britain)

Ranvir Singh.jpg

5th Contestant is Clara Amfo from BBC Radio 1

Claire Amfo.jpg

And just announced this morning is Nicola Adams the boxer, who will be dancing as part of a same sex couple

nicola Adams.jpg

I'll update the thread when further contestants are announced.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Tess's left leg was well dressed. Claudia in 50 shades of black again.

Bieber: didn't quite flow for me, not worth a ten but should he get to the final, he should do this one again as the judges choice. 

Ranvir: thought she walked around too much. May just avoid the dance off, if not may just be the one saved. 

Max: DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Better than last week but oh so dull. 

JJ: Was never going to be a dance where he could shine. Credit to Amy for coming up with a decent routine though. Will it be enough in the dance-off against Max? 

Tiffany: Didn't like the robot stuff at the start and definitely her worst dance so far. Could do better as the judges said. Needs to close her mouth more. Like Bieber, one to do again in the final.

Bill: Hip hop your jaw will drop! Unbelievable stuff and UNDERMARKED. Did you notice Oti really enjoying it? Question is now will they have to do the dance of death in The Rhumba?

Caroline: zoned out after the umbrella. Possibly a dance-off contender but I suspect not this week but needs more next week to avoid going home. 

Jamie: this dance showed why he's better than Max. The enthusiasm and risk is why he's earnt his place in the top top half of the board tonight. Karen is a good teacher so expect the unexpected. 

Clara: very good and a good choice to go with classic rather than comedy Charleston. Now can she repeat it in the next two weeks. Poor delivery of the music though. 

Nicola: Not missed

Anton: good in places especially in the technical bits he described but a little too congratulatory. I'll wait till next week to see if he's going to replace Bruno next series.

Motsi: obviously self-isolating the cupboard next to Bruno given the lack of lighting. 

Message 61 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good job they said the group dances are pre recorded as it was weird to see Katya and Anton dancing.

I suppose they needed to keep Motsi relevant, so she was talking us through the dances at the beginning of the show!

Enjoyed the Vamps

First couple in dance off ....

Maisie and Gorka (SHOCKING!!) and

Max and Dianne. (A shame but not unexpected. I so wanted him to be another Jay McGuinness, but sadly not)

No shock to see out of those two, Max was eliminated (boo hoo) Shirley would have saved Max, which is no surprise as she doesn't like Maisie at all.

Next week It's 'Blackpool week' although it will be in the same studio.

Oh and Ranvir is doing the Argentine Tango my favourite dance.

See you next week.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Wow, Tiffany isn't popular with the public. Ooohhhh this is going to be fun to watch over the next few weeks. Did do better second time around so Shirley was wrong thankfully. 

Tess out-glammed by Claudia in red. Claudia in non-black outfit. Double Shock!!!! Pro-dancers doing supermarket sweep begs the question why, what was the point and don't they know its an offence to remove trolleys from supermarkets?

Suppose The Vamps could be interesting if they finish off the song to include a melody instead of a series of riffs. Not the worst we've had so far in the musical mediocrity segment.

Can they just drop Bruno from the Zoom chat. He brings nothing to this series. 

Think next week I reckon we'll see Caroline go as she's doing a Cha-cha which requires speed and movement without holding on. 

Sooooo, since they're recreating Blackpool does that mean lots of cheesy segments about how they miss the Tower room or are we going to get a load of the cheesy and pointless virtual augmentation of Blackpool tourist attractions. Somehow, I don't think we'll be seeing seagulls attacking for chips and redecorating the dancefloor wink

Message 63 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Songs and Dances for week 5

Bill and Oti: American Smooth to Under My Skin by Frank Sinatra

Caroline and Johannes: Cha Cha Cha to Rescue Me by Fontella Bass

Clara and Aljaž: Samba to That's The Way (I Like It) by KC and The Sunshine Band

HRVY and Janette: Tango to Golden by Harry Styles

Jamie and Karen: Couple's Choice: Street/Commercial to Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C&C Music Factory

JJ and Amy: Quickstep to For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder

Maisie and Gorka: Salsa to Better When I'm Dancing by Meghan Trainor

Ranvir and Giovanni: Argentine Tango to When Doves Cry by Prince

Pleased to see an Argentine Tango being danced. I also love the song choice for it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This was meant to be a Tribute to Blackpool and in case we forgot, Tess, Claudia and the judges kept reminding us.

The opening group dance was full of candy floss, beach huts and Punch and Judy. It was ok. In other words, I didn't think it was that great

Bill and Oti. American Smooth. A lovely dance with Bill showing how well he can adapt to any type of dance given. Slightly undermarked I thought. Scored 25

Maisie and Gorka. Salsa. Very well done, despite Gorka losing grip on one of the lifts. Enjoyed it Scored 27

JJ and Amy. Quickstep. I will say tried hard, but for me, not his best dance. However, apart from Craig the other two judges liked it. Scored 25. (overmarked in my opinion)

Clara and Aljaz. Samba. Oh dear. Not a good dance. Footwork was a mess Scored 18

Jamie and Karen. Couples Choice. Street Commercial. Wow, wow, Just amazing. Great music and I loved it. Scored 29 and well deserved...

HRVY and Janette, Tango Powerful dance with just a couple of mistakes, which was a shame. I really enjoyed. Great choreography. Scored 26.

Caroline and Johannes Cha Cha Cha. A cha cha with a comedy element. Judges loved it, I didn't care for it much...Scored 24.

Ranvir and Giovanni. Argentine Tango (which is my favourite dance so watching carefully).... I loved it. Fabulous dance to great music. Scored 27 (well deserved)

Great show tonight, even though it was in Elstree, and not Blackpool.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 111

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So much for the authentic Blackpool recreation. More like shopping at Blackpool Tesco. I liked the opening routine though spoilt by the needless inserts from the judges filmed after last weeks show. Overall a flat show for me for some reason with some celebs disappointing yet given extra marks.

Bill: ok with a few issues on positioning but had he done that later in the series, he may have been exiting. Thankfully there were worse dances tonight so very safe.

Tiff: I thought very heavy footed and better than last week. You could measure earthquakes in that routine with every foot stomp. More elegance please. 

Clara: tonights biggest letdown and unfortunately quite likely to exit if against JJ.

JJ: I liked and delivered a competent routine. Two week warning though, the dance-off is beckoning.

Biebs: another overmarked routine. Think he rushes things which makes his legs look awkward at times. 

Caroline: Laughing at her own joke and completely disconnected from reality. Oh hold on, that's Tess Daly. Craig summoned it right: Mrs Slocome and her pussy. Cringeworthy and dance-off for me. Against Clara, I'd save Clara but I seriously doubt the judges will. 

Ranvir: good in places but again overmarked. 

Jaime: Absolutely loved it. Totally earned the marks and we're seeing the Hauer effect of a dark horse being formed. Next week: dance-off rofl

Also, tomorrows musical mediocrity slot is filled by the legendary BILLY OCEAN doing a medley of his greatest hits. He can't fail  heart_eyes

Edit: I forgot to add Claudia in a leopard print onesie? At least it wasn't all black so I suppose we should be grateful. 

Message 66 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Will enjoy Billy Ocean. Always puts on a good show.

For me it should be Clara and Caroline in the dance off.

If they are, I hope to god Caroline goes. I think she has reached her peak and it will be downhill from now.

So pleased for Jamie. I made no secret at the start po SCD, we hadn't got another Kelvin but he is really showing some serious talent now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully the BO bit will be on you tube.. I’m a big fan!
Message 68 of 111

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hopefully the BO bit will be on you tube.. I’m a big fan!

Usually goes on You tube within a few days @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out
Message 70 of 111