Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

A little early to start this thread, although the new judge to replace Darcey Bussell has been announced

It's Motsi Mabuse (sister of Oti Mabusi)

Motsi Mabuse, elder sister of Strictly Come Dancing star Oti, has been named as Dame Darcey Bussell's replacement on the BBC One show's judging panel.

Originally from South Africa, Motsi is a former South African champion and German Latin champion and a judge on Strictly Come Dancing's German version.

Mabuse, 38, said she was "absolutely overjoyed" to be joining the panel and hoped to "add her own bit of sparkle".

Motsi Mabuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49075803

I don't doubt her credentials at all but can't help wondering how this will work as Oti is still appearing on the show?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 252
251 REPLIES 251

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

The good thing about not watching live is that you can flick through the garbage. (Cuts out about 50%)

The dance of the night for me was Kelvin and Oti. No idea why Craig holds back on giving him a 10. His excuse in the judges review section was pathetic.

Karim was also excellent and pulled it back from last week.

Emma has taken off and I think was undermarked.

Saffron was overmarked as usual. (Judges pet?!)

I was pleased that Michelle went home. Getting a bit tired of her monologues and the fact she is always dominating Giovanni. I don't watch ITT but someone commented she wasn't very gracious in defeat?

Personally I hope Saffron and Emma are in the dance off next week. I like Chris and he absolutely loves being in the show.

PS, I can't comment on Westlife. The joy of it being recorded meant I could scroll through that rubbish. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 181 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Songs and dances for week 10

Alex and Neil: Argentine Tango to Never Tear Us Apart by Bishop Briggs

Emma and Anton: Quickstep to Sparkling Diamonds by Nicole Kidman

Saffron and AJ: Samba to Walking on Sunshine by Take Me To Rio Collective

Chris and Karen: Paso Doble to Run Boy Run by Woodkid

Karim and Amy: Couple's Choice in the style of Contemporary to Drops of Jupiter by With Confidence

Kelvin and Oti: Couple's Choice in the style of Street/Commercial to Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) by Frank Wilson

So at last we have an Argentine Tango! I hope Alex does well with this.

Chris and Karen with the Paso Doble. Sad to say this may be his downfall. I hope not but there you go.

Interesting that the two at the top of the leaderboard last week are both performing Couples Choice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 182 of 252

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I did watch ITT on Monday and Michelle wasn't exactly accepting that she got voted out on merit. "It wasn't for me it was for the community....and it was a risk" was her reasoning throughout. Not of course the fact she didn't dance that much on a show that the viewing public wants to see dancing on. If they'd coupled together for a few turns it may have been a different outcome (see Madonna VMA vogue on youtube).

Think at this stage of the series, we may see Karim or Kelvin in the dance-off because BBC. But I reckon is Chris v Saffron and it may be Saffron's unlucky week. 

Message 183 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The good thing about not watching live is that you can flick through the garbage. (Cuts out about 50%)

The dance of the night for me was Kelvin and Oti. No idea why Craig holds back on giving him a 10. His excuse in the judges review section was pathetic.

Karim was also excellent and pulled it back from last week.

Emma (Sorry I meant ALEX)... has taken off this week and I think was undermarked.

Saffron was overmarked as usual. (Judges pet?!)

I was pleased that Michelle went home. Getting a bit tired of her monologues and the fact she is always dominating Giovanni. I don't watch ITT but someone commented she wasn't very gracious in defeat?

Personally I hope Saffron and Emma are in the dance off next week. I like Chris and he absolutely loves being in the show.

PS, I can't comment on Westlife. The joy of it being recorded meant I could scroll through that rubbish. rofl

I have just read this back. I must've been hungover.  For Emma read ALEX!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 184 of 252

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I've not missed watching the show at all but I do enjoy reading the experts comments on here. I've never been a dancer but even with one leg and a crutch I'm sure I could make it to the last 8 on a sympathy vote ! 

Message 185 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Well we are are sorting the 'wheat from the chaff' now @jonsie so the next couple of weeks should be interesting. Particularly as the judges have their favourite and she is in no way the best dancer!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 252

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

That's the whole idea unfortunately @Cleoriff  with any of these celebrity shows. But at least they actually look like they are enjoying themselves this series. 

Message 187 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I'm currently watching another reality show now @jonsie 'starring' Ian Wright. I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. Sadly he hasn't had to do a challenge yet but is turning into a miserable git.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 188 of 252

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

He always has been to be honest Den and to think they once gave him his own TV show.... 

Message 189 of 252

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

He always has been to be honest Den and to think they once gave him his own TV show.... 

Yes the problem is, the youngsters in the camp really look up to him (particularly footie fans) Martin Kemps son Roman is in there and he has hero worshipped him all his life. I can see that changing!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 190 of 252