Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2022

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seems its that time of the year when the BBC license tax earns it's value by making me watch Saturday night TV in the main room. Yes, Strictly Come Dancing is back on our screens with the usual list of "celebs"!

Starting with failed pop star turned relatively successful actress and grandmother, it's none other than Kym Marsh with probably a show to promote in between:

p0cqxg4h

Not to be outdone, second on the list is jobbing soap actor and failed pop singer (oh the 90's had so many forgettable acts, cue exhibit 1): Will Mellor

p0cqwyhl

Lets see what tomorrow brings us in the surface analysis of celebrity barrel sampling.

Also 4 new pros to be shoved in the background replacing Aljaz & Oti. No change in the judges other than Bruno will no longer be in the cupboard at all making Anton permanent. Guess we're still getting Craig and Shirley and probably a guest judge as well at some point. Unfortunately the BBC won't get rid of TessBot & Grimace so yet again, the teleprompter will be in full effect with Christmas cracker jokes. 

On the other hand, the Masked Dancer is slated for an autumn release this year. 

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm finding it hard to get excited about anyone so far.

Perhaps next week they may reveal a few real celebrities? 😂😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

And the blatant star making goes on in the BBC with the latest entry. Current star of CCBC's hit series (allegedly, no viewing figures available so just trust the BBC to be impartial) Nova Jones and drama school graduate is Molly Rainford. Excited? No neither am I:

p0cs3lvl

But wait, we actually now have some thing of a well known face. Well his boots on some footballers faces anyway. Its none other than the Arsenal legend and top defender, Tony Adams:

p0cs56y9

Latin won't be his thing will it.

Message 13 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Oh god. Real celeb(or for those who like football!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Come in contestant number 12 your time is up. That's right, its second place X-Factor and random appearances on anything to remind people of her one-hit wonder because she was second place in X-Factor 2014, Fleur East:

p0csd4tb

No doubt will also place second on Strictly. 

Think you know the new definition of BBC celebrity, well its now taken on a completely new definition. Presenting BBC wildlife cameraman sorry Scottish wildlife cameraman and part time presenter, Hamza Yassin. Wait, he's also on CCBC?

p0csfv7p

So two more to go and we could see new depths of the barrel unseen by mankind. My guess is an obscure YouTube with the odd million of subscribers, a pensioner on their way out of the BBC, Honey G or as she's just announced her retirement, Olympic Gold medalist in Curling, Eve Muirhead. 

Though we haven't had the obligatory breakfast TV presenter yet and Piers Morgan fits the bill (even though he's not anymore) and we really do want to hate him all the way to the final for the joy of abusing him. Given the state of this years contestants, we're more likely to get a weather presenter instead and no surprises it will be Owain Wyn Evans. 

Message 15 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

No idea about Hamza whatsit. Fleur East seems to pop up a lot on This Morning. Also same sort of job with Ant &Decs Takeaway. Losing the will to live with these non celebs.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seems I forgot the obligatory Eastenders entry. For those like me who don't watch it,  James Bye apparently plays the current incarnation of Martin Fowler. From the BBC spin :

He has previously had roles in the BBC One mini-series The Great Train Robbery and films including Hummingbird, The Hooligan Factory and Cemetery Junction. On stage he has starred in several well-reviewed theatre productions.

Add the words "as an extra" and that would be about right for this series of contestants:

p0cslkrp

Odd though, he's number 14 so unless we only have 14 this year or someone hasn't set the blog scheduler right so this may be it. Or we may get another one tomorrow. If not that means a slightly shorter series provided one or more don't drop out which would mean an even shorter series. Lets hope for that then.

Message 17 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I watch Corrie, Emmerdale and the lost Neighbours. Can't stand any of the others. Seems 'Martin' has his 3rd new head on though. 😂

I've just counted the 'celebs from last year and there were only 14 the same as this year?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Ok so there is one last name to be considered as celebrity for this series and its the rather nice yet fiercely ambitious long term BBC employee, Helen Skelton:

p0csrdxx

Interestingly, her wiki page says she's a qualified tap dance teacher so expect a bit of that in the later weeks. Apparently she did a supporting role on Coronation Street way back in 1999.   Actually reading through her wiki page its "been there done that won that and I can and will do that" so I'm expecting at least a top 5 if not finalist. And she's done Christmas Strictly 10 years ago.

No prizes to what I think of this years line up other than this looks to be the end of Strictly given the lack of ambition by the BBC to get more celebs. Can't see many of the established pro's staying for next year either.

Message 19 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

At last, one person I like. I remember her doing the tightrope walk for Comic Relief between the chimneys of Battersea Power Station. I watched it with great fear as she did it without the safety wire.

So a very adventurous lass, Hope she does well.

I also like Kym Marsh. A better actor than singer. Also  Ellie Symonds who I expect to be the peoples favourite. There again I could be wrong! 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 106