Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2022

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seems its that time of the year when the BBC license tax earns it's value by making me watch Saturday night TV in the main room. Yes, Strictly Come Dancing is back on our screens with the usual list of "celebs"!

Starting with failed pop star turned relatively successful actress and grandmother, it's none other than Kym Marsh with probably a show to promote in between:

p0cqxg4h

Not to be outdone, second on the list is jobbing soap actor and failed pop singer (oh the 90's had so many forgettable acts, cue exhibit 1): Will Mellor

p0cqwyhl

Lets see what tomorrow brings us in the surface analysis of celebrity barrel sampling.

Also 4 new pros to be shoved in the background replacing Aljaz & Oti. No change in the judges other than Bruno will no longer be in the cupboard at all making Anton permanent. Guess we're still getting Craig and Shirley and probably a guest judge as well at some point. Unfortunately the BBC won't get rid of TessBot & Grimace so yet again, the teleprompter will be in full effect with Christmas cracker jokes. 

On the other hand, the Masked Dancer is slated for an autumn release this year. 

Message 1 of 106
105 REPLIES 105

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Tonight's results show was just about pointless. In fact Pointless would have made better viewing. No pro routine so nothing to slate (or did I miss it?), fashion wise meh, Lewis Capabaldy just about didn't mess up but was boring anyway. 

Onto the dance-off between the judges favourite Fleur and the judges preferred loser Will. Fleurgh did her charleston which looked worse second time round whilst Will danced smoother. However, Craig and Motsi Micro-details decided to ignore the performance and chose Fleurgh. Anton saved Will over an error in the charleston but only just whilst Shirley "I'm looking at micro-details" went with her preference. So there we have it, the finalists are Hamza, Fleurgh, Helen and Molly. 

Judges will be throwing their 10 paddles next week for no reason other to appear non-partisan and its all down to the public vote. 

Message 101 of 106

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I found it all very dull. Best thing about the night was Molly's reaction when she got through!

To be honest I didn't see the mistake Anton claimed Fleur had made?

Also I thought Will's couples choice was dull as ditchwater!

Didn't like it the first time and it was no better tonight. Considering the Mancunian group mash up music, they had a real chance to make that great but they didn't.
I wasn't a particular fan of Fleur's Charleston if honest but there you go.

As I recorded it, I was able to flick through Lewis 'boring' Capaldi's warble.

I would have liked to see the judges favourite in the dance off, although no point really as he would have been saved.

The whole show was a let down.

Not keen on watching the final. We know who will win without wasting my time watching it.

Shirley and Motsi will be up clapping like seals at every step Hamza makes.

Ugh!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 102 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

And so we reach the final week and the end is near. Because nobody gets voted out, the contestants get to pick their favourite, the judges pick a random dance they want to see again for improvement and there's the underwhelming show dances where the couples get to whirl around to something we've never seen before. Or in most cases, its just a medley of the last 12 weeks because Health & Safety don't like scary lifts on the BBC.

These are the dances:

Fleur & Vito

Judges’ Pick: Samba to Hot Hot Hot by Arrow

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice to Destiny’s Child Megamix by Destiny’s Child

Show Dance: Find Me by Sigma featuring Birdy

Given two of the dances will be the same, what's the betting on the show dance being more of the same? Song for the show dance is pretty good but will it be another rehash of her couples choice with more running around the floor? Judges pick is wrong as it was a high scorer with only Craig giving a 9 so why not pick a ballroom one like her Waltz? Verdict, not in the top 2. 

Helen & Gorka

Judges’ Pick: Jive to Tightrope by Janelle Monáe

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice to Mein Herr by Liza Minnelli (from Cabaret)

Show Dance: Shine by Emeli Sandé

Hmm. As good as it was, I'd rather see her Blackpool Quickstep again than the CC. I'd say good Judges pick to show improvement on the jive. Upbeat song for the SD but will it be original or just a medley? Verdict: if the jive comes off well and the SD is worthy, may just win but...

Molly & Carlos

Judges’ Pick: Quickstep to Love On Top by Beyoncé

Favourite Dance: Rumba to All The Man That I Need by Whitney Houston

Show Dance: Kiss/1999 by Prince

Good choices for both the judges pick and favourite dance. Remarkable and rather brave to do a rhumba in the final. As for the show dance, this is one I am looking forward to seeing. Verdict: my winner but probably won't be given the amount of times she's been in the dance-off. Then again, that show dance may be the decider. 

Hamza & Jowita

Judges’ Pick: Salsa to Ecuador by Sash! featuring Rodriguez

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice to Jerusalema - Remix by Master KG featuring Burna Boy and Nomcebo Zikode

Show Dance: Let’s Face The Music And Dance by Irving Berlin

As per Fluergh, poor pick by the judges as the dance scored 39 originally so what does that bring to the "journey"? Will his CC actually make sense this time round? Probably not. Jury is out on the SD as it could be an American Smooth medley. Verdict: probably the winner but probably shouldn't be. 

The MMA is Florence and the Machine which could be good or bad depending on what they'll do. Hopefully not the awful cover version of You got the love but Dog Days or Shake it out will do nicely. 

Message 103 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@sheepdog

I've never made a secret that Molly is my favourite but agree with you that a Rhumba is either brave or stupid. 😂 However, if they are confident of their performance, good for them. (I would rather have seen the Paso they did last week)

The show dance could be superb. Go Molly and Carlos.

I enjoyed Fleurs Couples Choice. Thought it was pretty damn good, so a great choice for them.

No ballroom for her though. All strong 'powerful' dances. Mmmmmm!

Helen and Gorka. Pleased to see them doing Mein Herr again. Loved it first time so can't wait to see it again.

Hope they improve the jive.

Now I refuse to discuss Hamza (THE JUDGES FAVOURITE!) He's good but not as good as they make out.

I know it's solely down to the public but I just know the judges will be waving their 10 paddles at him like daft women waved their knickers at a Tom Jones concert!!

So I repeat, GO MOLLY!!

By the way, I like Florence and the Machine. I remember them standing in for The Foo Fighters at Glastonbury when Dave Grohl broke his ankle. They stole the show.  Hope they can maintain that 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 104 of 106

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Not a bad opener by the pro dancers. Then again it had to be all jazz hands and bright lights 😂

Nice dog collar on Tess. Claudia kind of made an in effort in white. No idea why medium safety pins on a cape was a good idea but that's what they looked like on my tv tonight. Made an extra effort in brushing her hair forwards and fake tan really is bad on white clothing. 

As for Motsi. Well that's an interesting use of chain mail! However, compared to most of this series, a rather sedated and presentable look for a change. Guess someone dared Shirley to wear an old fashioned ballgown but who dared her to wear a fishnet on her head?

Won't bother with the judges scoring because they had their favourite. 

Hamza & Jowita

Judges’ Pick: Salsa. Show opener and have to say, pretty worthy of the opening routine. No real change so just as you were. 

Show Dance: Oh dear. An American Smooth plus something dance. Unfortunately that "plus" was bad timing. Neither was it an interesting show dance for me. 

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice. Still didn't make sense but thankfully changed the ending. 

Molly & Carlos

Judges’ Pick: Quickstep. For a week 2 dance, it was remarkable and this update showed how almost flawless it was. Awful music though. 

Show Dance: An original show dance compared to the others. Loved the way she caught the cane and probably the vileda pink rubber gloves were a bit odd. Out Fleurgh-ed Fleur 🙂 Liked it a lot just for the joy of seeing her dance. 

Favourite Dance: Rumba. I liked her Rhumba the first time. Second time, even better! I probably won't admit that again on a public forum 😎

Fleur & Vito

Judges’ Pick: Samba. After 10 weeks, I just realised I could have called her "power moves" the King Kong. Really inelegant at one point and you know the move. Kind of thinking this looked better first time she did it as it lacked fluidity for me. 

Show Dance: mashup of an AT/Paso with all the passion and drama removed. Judges loved it. Can't say it was impressive of a show dance than her AT was. 

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice. Worse this time round without the backing dancers. 

Helen & Gorka

Judges’ Pick: Jive. Oh yeah! Great routine and worthy of being shown again. 

Show Dance: Medley of everything. If you're going to do a medley then this is the way to do it. Just mash up everything and don't let anyone see the joins! Really joyous and liked it. 

Favourite Dance: Couple's Choice. Apparently the judges think Fleurgh's CC was iconic and will be talked about in 10 years. No, this is the one we will be talking about. More than a match for the first time and a perfect ending to the show tonight. 

So if I had to pick a winner, I'd put Helen or Molly on the night. Molly for her Show dance, Helen for the CC alone though I think Helen just edged it overall. But alas, it was the weakest dancer on the night who picked up the trophy: Hamza.

Just a quick word on Florence & The Machine. Terrible sound on the vocals as it sounded like someone singing in the toilet whilst on a mobile phone. Also, didn't Florence look a bit like Claudia without the makeup and fake tan?

So the search will begin for next year's contestants using sonar and depth charging. 

Message 105 of 106

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thought Claudia went for the Elvis in Vegas look tonight. Rather silly.

Hamza and Jowita.

I can't say too much about this guy, other than the judges marked him properly. I thought he made too many mistakes with lifts in the first two dances and I didn't like the favourite dance the first time round, nor this time. Certainly not worth a 40.

Molly and Carlos Thought they were pretty flawless tonight in every dance.

Their show dance was everything you expected a show dance to be.

Anyone who dances a Rhumba (beautifully) in the Final, deserves the win.

Fleur and Vito

All a bit OTT in my opinion. A show dance that wasn't one. Her couples choice, I loved the first time round but wasn't so impressed the 2nd time. I agree with you @sheepdog , Helen's couples choice is tthe one I will remember.

Helen and Gorka

Jive better than ever.

Show dance. Great

Favourite dance. Just superb.

The one thing I absolutely loathe is the way the BBC REFUSE to give final positions.

It's the only reality show which does that. Treats us like idiots. I fail to see how the weakest dancer on the night can win.

Really annoyed. It should have been Molly or Helen, so lets see the fake results Aunty Beeb!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 106 of 106