Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2021

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So Strictly come Dancing is back this autumn with a new old judge (Anton du Beke), a new old presenter for It takes Two (Jenette Manrara), four new pro's who won't be involved and obviously even less money than ever before!

First three of the bottom of the barrel scrapings are:

Tom Fletcher - ex boyband member now writing children's books

Robert Webb - slightly creepy comedian looking for work

AJ Odudu - obligatory "Who's that, never heard of her"

Also there are 15 people defined as celebs this year. I'm half expecting Kathryn Ryan to be involved as she seems to be on every other program for no reason. Also no Blackpool week either. 

Sadly, looks like were stuck with the un-dynamic duo of Daly & Winkleman.

Message 1 of 150
149 REPLIES 149

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Tess: cherise dressing gown. Roots will be done for next weeks show. Claudia taking advantage of the pre-christmas sale at Primark. 

Opening number was supposed to be along the lines of the early 90s New Jack Swing but er, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince (Boom shake da room) was definitely not that style. Yeah I didn't get it either though I did notice how tiny Jowvita is though!

The wolfpack must have got in early because Mabel was missing or guess the BBC decided we'll have more pointless videos about the final rather than put the TV audience through a painful 4 minutes. Or they've been reading my comments about the wolfpack and opted for the sensible option. According to wikipedia, Ed Sheeran is the musical act next week so the wolves will bringing along a BBQ and a spit roast.

Have to admit, John did do slightly better then again given the simplicity of the (lack of) jive he did, it wasn't hard to do a little more wrist flicking here and there. Though really no surprise he was going to be saved. I so look forward to Johannes doing exactly the same 3 moves in each of next weeks 3 dances whilst crying into each other. 

Next week features the parade of failures former contestants. Are you excited to see a Judi Love twerking cameo? Me neither but its going to be there.

Message 141 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@CleoriffTonights shock news for the final is that AJ is on crutches with a ligament injury. On ITT tonight she said she didn't know how it happened but sounded quite serious if she vomited with pain. Still hopeful but they were down to do the jive and the charleston as judges & favourite choices. Given both are heavy on the ankles, I think we can say sadly the final is now down to two. 

More odd news, apparently the parade of celebs isn't going to be very big. Tilly Ramsey is now out as is Robert Webb and rumours are that a couple of others aren't going to be there either. I suspect a lot of extra long VT's to pad out the time. 

Message 142 of 150

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@sheepdog 

What a shock. However the BBC never give out final positions. (unlike every TV reality show) We only get to hear who has won.

So that will be Rose and I can kid myself that AJ came 2nd, even if Kai carries her around all night. 😂

As for the parade of former contestants? Not sure how they could participate if honest. They have been out of any Covid bubble for ages, so with Omnicron sweeping the nation, it wouldn't be appropriate really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 143 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Music choices for the final - judges choice, favourite dance and the health & safety dance:

AJ & Kai: Jive & Charleston. Show dance is a medley but given her injury likely to be a lot of arm-ography flapping if she takes part. Music is Runnin - Naughty Boy ft. Beyoncé & Arrow Benjamin (damn good track). 

John & Johannes: Rhumba & Paso. Show dance is being choreographed by Jason Wilkerson so lots of aimless flapping around like the previous 12 weeks. Music is You got the love - Florence & The Machine version. Which is awful in my opinion against The Source's remix version in 1997 which is not as good as the absolute banger that The Source's did back in 1991 (yes BBC that is the correct definition of "a banger"). Also a mis-interpreted song by the clubbing crowd.

Rose & Giovani: Quickstep & Couples choice. Show dance discussion on ITT sounded more ballroom and music chosen is The Rose by Bette Midler. So no arm flapping on that. Not sure the CC was one I would have gone for though. 

I don't seem to recall all show dances in a final to be of a slower nature before. 

Anyway, if Ed Sheeran bores us then this will make you smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmMO_dZSzE

Message 144 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

That's interesting @sheepdog. Naughty Boy appeared in the last series of I'm A Celebrity which finished last Sunday. He was a bit of a wimp and kept going on about 'working with Beyonce.' I never believed it.

Shame on me. 😂

Craig was on some show and thinks AJ has the same chance as anyone in the final. 🙄

I wouldn't have gone for the couples choice either re Rose.

As for JoJo. WOT? NO BALLROOM?  Oh that's right, they didn't do any during the 12 weeks (except a Quickstep as I recall?)

PS, Loved the Ed Sheeran sheep shearing 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 145 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@sheepdog 

It's just been announced on BBC news that AJ and Kai have withdrawn from the competition..

https://entertainment-focus.com/2021/12/17/aj-odudu-withdraws-from-strictly-come-dancing-2021-final-... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 146 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well John has done a little more ballroom than I thought but no Foxtrot or Waltz or as I like to say: completely forgettable. Add yes, less than the others  - courtesy of wikipedia:

1. Tango

2. Cha-Cha-Cha

3. Paso Doble

4. American Smooth

5. Charleston

6. Quickstep

7. Rumba

8. Samba

9. Viennese Waltz

10. Argentine Tango

11. Salsa

12. Couple's Choice

Message 147 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Not much to write about really.

Both Tess and Claudia looked quite nice.

A lot of filler due to AJ not dancing. The terms and conditions were read out twice!

Rose and Giovanni. Quickstep. Danced it perfectly. Scored 39

Second dance. Couples Choice. Again it was beautiful. Scored 40

Show Dance. Showdance. Based on Romeo and Juliet. Great dance, superb lifts. Loved it Scored 40

John and Johannes. Rhumba. Wasn't keen the first time and no change. STOP CRYING! Judges loved it. Scored 39

Second dance Paso Doble. As I love Pirates of Caribbean I enjoyed the dance but it wasn't a Paso.

Scored 40

Show Dance. Well Motsi was in tears. That aside, I really enjoyed it.... More tears from both JoJo's. Scored 40.

Terms and conditions read out for the 3rd time!

Then we had a run through of AJ's journey. All very sad but uplifting really.

Can I forget Ed Sheeran? Yes quite quickly!

Too much filler which bored me to tears.

Group dance from most of previous contestants was great fun, fast and furious. Loved Hammer time 😂

More filler, totally unnecessary. GET ON WITH IT!!

The winners are Rose and Giovanni Well deserved. trophy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 148 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Tess: white gown. Dressing gown. 

Claudia: asymetric failure but nice try in having a different colour.

Motsi: WTF? Guess the gold spots around the eyes were an artistic decision.

I rather enjoyed the sarcasm of Claudia reading the scores out. Pretty much pointless after the first round. Why we needed 3 T&C's read out is beyond me unless someone has been a little bit naughty behind the scenes...

Rose: Quickstep was excellent and thought the synchronisation was perfect. Couples choice I thought it wouldn't be as good but goodness, she actually improved on it. Show dance: oh just a perfect match to end on. 

John: Rhumba bored me as most rhumba's do. Paso, well wasn't it just a faster version of the rhumba? Definitely agree with you there @Cleoriff in that not being a paso. As for the show dance, I thought it was rubbish for a show dance. The VT's and ITT were hinting at something spectacular but all we got a was another version of the Paso with glitterbombs. Given they had Jason Gilkison helping, it was a disappointment especially as he was behind Rose's dance as well. 

Ed Sheeran - the wolfpack has a BBQ party going on now with a slowly roasting Ed. Feel free to join in . Found it quite amusing that none of the instruments were plugged in nor were attached to wireless units. Does that mean he was miming to a backing track 🤣 Plus point was that Jeannette & Alijaz were pretty good. 

Group dance was incredibly enjoyable - Dan & Nadiya just awesome and got me thinking Katie McGlynn went a bit too soon. Real shame about AJ as the show just lacked a bit of sparkle without her taking part. I hope they give her a chance next year to do her show dance. 

And as far as I'm concerned there could be no other winner tonight than Rose 😍

Don't think I'll bother with the Christmas special - the padding video showed enough of it to ensure I'll find some cat videos to be amused by. Still, we have the Masked Singer and the Masked Dancer to look forward to in the new year 😎

Message 149 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

SCD CHRISTMAS SPECIAL.

Fred Sirieix and Dianne. Danced Quickstep to Merry Christmas Everyone

Actually very enjoyable. Fred died his hair red to match Dianne. Scored 38

Moira Stewart and Alijaz Danced Salsa to Santa Claus is coming to town

Pretty poor really but it's Christmas and judges kind. Scored 33

Anne Marie and Graziano. Danced Cha Cha Cha to Feliz Navidad.

Pretty damn good. Loved it. Scored 40

Jay Blades and Luba. Jive to theme from only Fools and Horses

Not a dancer and that's for sure but better than Moira. He loves Only Fools and Horses. Gobsmacked when David Jason sent a message as Del Boy. Scored 34

Adrian Chiles and Jowita. Danced an American Smooth to White Christmas.

Mmmmmm. Not bad for someone who is totally anti dance. 😂 Scored 33 (Better than Moira but there you go!)

Mel Geidroyc and Neil. Couple Choice/Rap to Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice.

Really liked it. Difficult dance. and Scored 40.

Gary Barlow was the musical act. Singing some sort of version of A Wonderful Christmas Time.

The winners are Anne Marie and Graziano. Well deserved.

The show finished with all taking part dancing to Rocking Around The Christmas Tree.

That's it for 2021. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 150 of 150