Did you mean: 

🌟 Star Launch Movie Night - Get in Your Vote! 🌟

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone!

As you know from our announcement yesterday, Star has now officially launched on Disney+. And what better way to celebrate this than with a movie night? And the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight films from the long list of movies and series coming to Disney+ with the launch of Star (which you can find here) and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm!🌟

The-Devil-Wears-Prada-GIF-downsized_large.gif

Obviously, we won't be able to all sit in front of the same screen but in order to create the real "movie night" experience, we will create a movie night thread in which we all can chat during the film, discussing the why's and who's, and the where's and what's of your chosen movie with us and the rest of the community.

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! 🍿🍿🍿

🌟 R O U N D  1 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  2 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  3 🌟

- C L O S E D -

AND THE WINNER IS:

signs.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'm busy in the marvel category on non stars plus. Don't mind me.
Message 51 of 83

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Rewatching the films or Wanda @viridis?
Need to activate my extra soon and get caught up on Mandalorian and WandaVision...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 53 of 83

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
A bit of everything if honest, watch Wanda most days as my son loves it, normally followed by Ultron or Ragnarok.
Though he's getting into Ant Man recently
Message 54 of 83

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

WandaVisión has taken some odd curls and turns - waiting for this week's episode, kinda hooked, @viridis and @gmarkj

Message 55 of 83

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's certainly a great series, each week you can't help but look for clues that tie this into that etc.
Message 56 of 83

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmmm since I've never see either then it has to be:

• Romeo & Juliet
    Signs
Message 58 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Okay everyone, voting is closed for Round 2 and we will announce the movies going into the final round very soon (if you haven't already figured them out joy) - So, stay tuned!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 59 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It's here! The last round of voting for our Movie Night TOMORROW at 8pm here on the community (I hope you can see how I excited I am). And this is a tough one, peeps. I myself have to have a good think about who I want to see on my screen on Friday. So, who are you going to vote for?

🌟 R O U N D  3 🌟

disney star3.jpg

Vote between:

The Devil Wears Prada 

OR

Signs

Leave your replies in the comments below. Voting counts until midnight tonight (Thursday 25th of Feb) and the winner will be announced tomorrow!

I hope our voters from before @MI5 @sheepdog @jonsie @pgn @gmarkj @Cleoriff @LukasB @Martin-O2 @Anonymous and of course @Mi-Amigo are joining in again as well as many others. Even if you haven't voted yesterday, come and join the fun today and watch the winner with us and the rest of the community at our special Movie Night tomorrow at 8pm! smiling

AND to make it even more exciting - There will be a special Disney+ Star Launch Word Search on the community tomorrow for which I hope you will all join as well wink

signature

Message 60 of 83