EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Today is the Day party

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.12.23.png

After a week of countdown topics, you should now have a pretty good idea of what your ideal wedding looks like winkYou can put together the location, the outfit, the reception details and the hen/stag do and see what it looks like altogether ... or mix and match from others' answers!

For example I'd pick ...

• Before the big day, a traditionnal hen/stag do: I'd trust @gmarkj or @jonsie with these.
  • @Marjo idea of a wedding in space
  • The gothic dressing code @Cleoriff mentionned
  • A giant tiered victoria sponge by @Anonymous for a classic touch
  • Followed by a honeymoon on Oahu as @Glory1 suggested!

We know some of you will be following today's event, on TV or elsewhere, and it's surely going to be very exciting Confused

So share your thoughts on the Wedding in the comments as the day unfolds, and have a lovely weekend! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I can't disagree with anything you've said @Cleoriff.

I actually remember seeing the Queen's coronation which was shown on TV in the States. I can't remember if it was shown live or not but I do remember thinking how marvelous it all was. I can't say for sure but I think my love of Britain started when I watched the coronation. We had nothing like that in America and the pomp and ceremony fascinated me as a young child.

I knew very little about this country but was spurred on to find out everything I could after that.

So you can blame Queen Elizabeth II for my being here today 65 years on. Yes folks it's all her fault 🤣😂
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 41 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't watch any of the stuff prior to the Royal Wedding ... found the whole day perfect ... it's worth my licence fee alone to have watched it slight_smile

Message 42 of 62

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Not quite @jonsie they're still showing highlights of the wedding. I'd say coverage of the new royal couple will go on the rest of this week at least.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 44 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Is it all over with? Can I come out now? 

No still going on. As Glory says plenty of highlights (which I watched again this morning) joy

Still interviewing people who were there or not....an interview with the dress designer filled 15 minutes of news today

Apparently the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be hosting a garden party for the 70th birthday of Prince Charles on Tuesday. Load and loads more coverage

Oh I nearly forgot...they had the KIngdom Choir on BBC news this morning, we had an impromptu song from them....

I think Harry and Meghan will be news for weeks @jonsie. You best hibernate...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 62

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According the the BBC news presenters, there is so much coverage in todays papers, it's as if the wedding happened only yesterday tongue_winking

Apparently, at the reception and again breaking with tradition, Meghan made a speech. As did Harry and William (who referred to Harry as Has thoughout.

At the evening party there was a game of beer pong. initiated by James Corden. I understand Harry, William and Prince Charles participated.

You see @jonsie there is NO escape. Even if you turn off the news, Cleo, the mad royalist, will keep you updated

Oh I have just heard another snippet. Guests to the wedding were given slippers (in case they got worn out standing in high heels. (Not sure, in the interest of equality, whether this gift was given to the men)...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh another snippet joyjoyjoy

The couples first dance ....again a tad untraditional Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 62

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

What a lovely wedding and weekend overall it was!

Mexican Wave

I thought this was quite amusing as well, M&S renamed Markle & Sparkle and Windsor station became Harry & Meghan Central -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44170215

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 49 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

What a lovely wedding and weekend overall it was!

Mexican Wave

I thought this was quite amusing as well, M&S renamed Markle & Sparkle and Windsor station became Harry & Meghan Central -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44170215

I saw the M&S change....though hadn't heard of the station change @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 62