Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 683

Re: Royal Wedding: Today's the Day!

Oh well @jonsie All I can say is I am so sorry your team is currently 1-0 down in the F.A. cup ....just flicked over to check..Smiley Tongue

Though the Royal Wedding was a winner...LOL

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 547

@jonsie wrote:
Pffft!

Hug Still got 12 minutes though.....

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 532

Free chips at Aki’s tonight!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 547

What the hell... miffed! No one upset me me now.....! 😠
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Thanks for the photos and comments. I got the idea of the wedding without having to sit through the boring bits.

And yes Meghan looked lovely. But she is a beautiful girl ( big fan of Suits) and what a stunning wedding dress.

They do make a lovely couple and I wish them well.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

@Cleoriff wrote:

The amalgamation of the two cultures was superb. The Gospel choir singing Stand By Me, The 19 year old Cellist and many other highlights.

You could virtually hear the sound of jaws dropping to the floor when the Reverend Minister from Chicago gave his address. (my husband ... the one who wasn't going to watch it ...said he felt they were waiting for everyone to shout Hallelujah)...innocent

rofljoy

@Glory1 I know 'each to their own', but there was nothing boring about this Royal Wedding.

It was a complete break from tradition. Right down to the fact that Harry was allowed to keep his beard. (for some strange reason Royal protocol states 'the groom must be clean-shaven') Confused

There was nothing stuffy at all. Protocol went out of the window.

The choice of music (and choir) was different and inspired.

The Rev Bishop Michaell Curry from the Episcopal Church in Chicago with his impassioned speech..a complete break with tradition. A couple of things he said which made us all laugh

"two people met, came together, and that's why we are all here". Then when he realised he was probably going on a bit too long he told the guests "I gotta wrap up now, we need to get you two married"

So really with all the terrible things going on in the world today, this was a joy to watch.

More importantly, it was a great boost for Britain....

I loved every minute of it. (as you have probably guessed) Bouncy

*The Game Is On*

From what you say @Cleoriff I missed a really lovely day. I'm very glad you enjoyed it and I do agree, with the recent horrors in Cuba and Santa Fe, something as joyous as a wedding, royal or not, is something to be both celebrated and enjoyed.

For me, though all the ballyhoo leading up to the actual wedding put me off, if I'm honest. If I could have avoided all that I may have been inclined to watch the actual wedding. Obviously, from what you say I missed what was a very unroyal wedding and I applaud both Harry and Meghan for it. Not forgetting the Queen who obviously consented to the break with tradition.

I hope Harry and Meghan will be as happy as his brother William and Kate appear to be. And his father now is with his second wife and first and only love.

Totally agree with all the ballyhoo leading up to it...Particularly with a completely naff film on Ch5 called Harry and Meghan. All played by poor actors.

I'm not ashamed to say I love anything like this. All the tradition and ceremony. Listening to the joy of the people they spoke at Windsor and those in other places in the UK and America...The Royal Horseguards on their beautiful horses.

Victorial Beckham dressed beautifully in black with her usual sulky face!!. Who could be sulky married to David?

Also lovely to see Meghan,  a very confident woman, speaking her vows without mumbling.

It was so good I have just watched the highlights all over again. LOL

No disrespect to any other culture but nobody does anything like this better than us.

Oh and for those who want to talk about the cost to the taxpayer, I have read in more than one newspaper and media outlet, that the only cost to the taxpayer was for security. The Royals paid for the rest of it...

Happy days.....star

*The Game Is On*