Did you mean: 

Royal Mail 2018 Christmas stamps

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi !

Royal Mail have produced their Christmas Stamps for this year ~ I thought they were quite pretty.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:
Hi 🙋 @WispsaRed7
Well done 😊 I'll buy some too. I send few cards to friends. I deliver some by hand.
Nice to hear from you☺🎅

Hi @TallTrees & @dgilbert2 ... one year I wrote my Christmas cards beginning in October HOL ... I have a problem holding a pen for long ... & ... generally Christmas Day meal can be beans on toast or left-overs from hot buffet on Christmas Eve lunch when my lovely son Alex & his lovely wife Emma come to me which is the highlight of my Christmas

I have some Christmas stickers which I use on all cards whether through Royal Mail or delivered by hand santa

Message 11 of 27

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Its the thought that counts though @Anonymous santa

Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Its the thought that counts though @Anonymous santa

Absolutely @dgilbert2 santa

Message 13 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They very nice, very Christmassy! Im hoping they do some nice airmail stamps again, not for me but they go down very well at home where they have never seen snow grin

Message 14 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123139 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

They are lovely. I wont be saving them though...will put them to good use.

Too damn expensive to do otherwise...innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 27

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

They look so pretty, thanks for sharing @TallTrees I hadn't seen them yet! I tend to give out most of my Christmas cards in person instead of posting them, so not sure I'll needs feastive stamps but they certainly are lovely hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 27

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10776 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hello @EmilieT

Funny ~  one time I bought 2 books of 12 christmas stamps ~ I had them year after year after year as too embarrassed to send anything else with a "red nosed deer on"  after Christmas ~  anyway they became quite valuable as every year the new ones sky-rocketed!  Good Idea

I walk around with quite a few too and push through letter box.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 27

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi !

Royal Mail have produced their Christmas Stamps for this year ~ I thought they were quite pretty.

They are so PRETTY!!! heart_eyesheart_eyesheart_eyes

What's the difference between 2nd and 1st? Why don't they show a worth? *confussed*

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 18 of 27

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The difference is in the delivery time (allegedly)

First class post is supposed to be delivered next day and second class the day after. The idea of not showing the cost is to signify 1st or 2nd class and are usually some shade of blue (1st class) and some shade of orange (2nd class). I say some shade because I'm colour blind!

Personally I think there is no value on them because when postage costs go up, they have no need to change them. I'm not sure anyone knows the cost and so shopkeepers can give you what change they like.

EDIT just checked online and the charges are 65p for first class and 56p for second class....who knew?

Message 19 of 27

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie slight_smile

That's weird... Here you can't decide and a letter is there next day anyway.

It's nice the british post keeps them. Here you have to buy extra-stamps if you have old ones and they put the prices higher.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 20 of 27