Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 advertising

Chris24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am wondering if an O2 employee can provide an explanation for the advertising campaign titled “Make America Cheap Again”. I am shocked that it has not been complained about more and wonder has there been negative feedback? I personally find it deeply offence due to the political connotations and am surprised that this has been chosen as a slogan! A response would be grateful. Thanks
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well he will get the welcome he deserves from the majority of the public but you will see so much kowtowing on tv it will make you want to throw up!

@Bambino wrote:
I'm not offended, @Glory1, I just think it's a stupid advertising campaign. I do hope though, that when Cadet Bone Spurs visits the UK soon, he gets the welcome he truly deserves.

Personally @jonsie I'm going to try and avoid the news on TV as much as I can whilst he's here because I agree there'll be much kowtowing, particularly from Theresa May, which will be stomach churning. I tend to read the main news on the BBC in the early hours so I will read what stupid comment has come out of his mouth again. And there's bound to be a few, he just can't help himself.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Thanks for the link, @MI5, I was scratching my head there on the cadet thing. Lord J Dampnut I understand...
Message 12 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You and I are on the same page @Glory1. Sorry if you didn't understand the nickname @pgn. I thought it was commonly known.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, I remembered it from earlier in the year.....
Private Piles and all that wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I didn't think you would be offended @Bambino @Glory1.

As I said earlier in the thread... neither of you have mentioned it previously

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35214 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

No probs, @Bambino - I'll remember it now slight_smile 

Message 16 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I love this from Duckworth joy

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 24

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @Cleoriff so do I. And it amuses me even more to know Cadet Bone Spurs will have been infuriated by the comment. Anything that mocks that fool amuses me.

Message 18 of 24

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

But nothing seems to faze him, his money fixes most things. It does concern me how the American public have a different opinion on his suitability to preside over arguably the most powerful country in the world.

Message 19 of 24

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

But nothing seems to faze him, his money fixes most things. It does concern me how the American public have a different opinion on his suitability to preside over arguably the most powerful country in the world.

That's the problem his money fixes everything. And it's only some of the public that wanted to see him elected. The public vote chose Hilary. He got in through the Electoral College votes.

No President is elected on the public vote alone, they require, I think, two-thirds of Electoral College votes to become President. @Bambino will correct me if I'm wrong on the numbers required.

So the public can choose one candidate and the Electoral College choose another candidate. It's the latter who's elected. Hence you get a Trump as President, God help us.

Message 20 of 24