cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News; 9 Tech Injuries and How To Avoid Them

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/9-tech-injuries-and-how-to-avoid-them-1250367

Since moving to a touchscreen phone, I'm not sure why, but I've been plagued with a sore thumb on my right hand. I assume it is to do with the additional movement of swiping rather than typing on a touchscreen.

Has anyone else suffered any sort of injury from using your phone, tablet or computer?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
After using a touchscreen for a number of years I suppose my skin has grown use to it.

Sometimes in my iPad Air I use a stylus pen.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone else suffered any sort of injury from using your phone, tablet or computer?

Yes - my better 75% frequently gives me a cuff about the ears for using it too much and not listening to her.
Have you tried using one of the little stylus thingys?  I fine them quite good and they certainly save the thumbs.

Gerry

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Oh look at this...so sorry I am a bit late to your medical related tech party @Anonymous 

Just up my street LOL

I actually love the names these conditions have been given..

Gorilla Arm

Text Neck

Playstation Rash

Nintendinitis

And...I have actually treated someone in A/E who 'burnt their unmentionables on a laptop'

But then...I saw many hilariously funny things in A/E...not funny to the patient you understand...but given the

black humour of the nursing profession.....Thinking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4