Did you mean: 

New coffee shop

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

One for @jonsie >>>>

“The idea comes from Pattaya in Thailand, where we saw this kind of café a few years ago."

I'd better not post the link to a local paper item but it refers to a new coffee shop in Praed Street London that will also provide "extra services"

Astounded

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They simply call them bars and massage parlours here. At the last count there were some 3000 here in Pattaya. BUT.....and rightly so, there is a big government push to get rid of them all as it's bad for the image of Pattaya and other cities. Not my problem but it will cut tourism by half because we all know what the majority of visitors come for, young people more than old. They will never stop it, the bars couldn't afford to employ girls if people were going to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos where the army isn't in control and where prices are much lower than Thailand.

This country survives on tourism, you can blame the Americans who turned Pattaya from a small fishing village into what it is today. During and after the war in Vietnam the soldiers were in need of R&R and girls were shipped here from all the neighbouring villages to supply it. Why Pattaya? Simply because of the port and harbour and it's location to the armed services, mainly marines. This is why young girls still flock to this city, to earn more in a night than they could earn in a month working in their home towns. Bangkok is now just the same though big banks and businesses are located there. They can survive the effect of the clampdown but I'm not sure Pattaya would.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for informing us @Beenherebefore will you be checking out the clientele? wink

& for @jonsie for an in-depth report wink ... but ... seriously jonsie, enjoyed you informing us about the history of Pattaya from a little fishing village to what has become today

Message 3 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Apparently at sometime in the future, the proprietor is aiming to cater for male and female customers.....and not just for a latte so he says.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Apparently at sometime in the future, the proprietor is aiming to cater for male and female customers.....and not just for a latte so he says.

I think that's very fair @Beenherebefore ... can't see one appearing in my neck of the woods ... but I would be up for a browze of the talent on offer with my latte ... I'm an old giffer ... so would not be 'imbibing' but I'm not too old to look wink

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I think that's very fair @Beenherebefore ... can't see one appearing in my neck of the woods ... but I would be up for a browze of the talent on offer with my latte ... I'm an old giffer ... so would not be 'imbibing' but I'm not too old to look wink

LOL Not sure they would want you in just for browsing @Anonymous....even if you had bought a latte Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good luck to him but I personally think it's a non starter tbh.

And liable for many police raids I suspect....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Here they simply pay the local police every month but it won't stop the army raids.....

Message 9 of 9