Did you mean: 

Best apps for sports?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

There have been some really interesting responses to the recent app discussions that have taken place on the forums over the past few weeks. slight_smile

To keep the ball rolling we will be posting a series of threads on the best apps to use for certain interests similar to @Marjo's apps for pets thread

The next subject we would like to hear your thoughts on is sports apps! What kind of sporting apps do you use and what for? What are you favourites or recommendations for others and why? Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the sport apps you use or is there a "dream app" for sports that you would like but hasn't been developed yet? 

Let me know in the comments below! 

Sports apps image .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

BBC Sports for all the up to date stuff or Sky

Message 2 of 36

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I take it both apps provide info on all the current sporting events? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I use Forza for football plus the BBC sports app and the Manchester evening news app for my 'local' teams. 

Message 4 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
I use FotMob for football scores, BBC news & sports for news and Arseblog (seriously!) for news and a daily blog about Arsenal.
For fitness, I have the Mi Fit app (as well as the band), plus use the 7M Workout app for HIIT at home. The Mi Fit app also syncs to google fit so I can track it (and store historical info).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 36

gmarkj
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
^^^ me too, but I think the first part has been used on here before...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 36

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie Does Forza do motor sport news as well as football? 

@gmarkj Oh dear that name is a bit unfortunate! Still from a marketing perspective people won't forget the blog name in a hurry! 

I use a HIIT timer app for workouts, it lets you custom set your work and rest times. It's pretty good! 

signature

Message 8 of 36

gmarkj
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
@Martin-O2 - the whole point is that it is a blog about arsenal, hence the name. plus i think the guy running it has a fairly broad sense of humour...
the 7M one allows you to set up your own workouts, and is designed to use at home - so no extra equipment apart from a wall, a floor and a chair (so far anyway!!). you can choose from pre built routines or make your own, plus you can do a warm up/down as well as adjust the rest. the pre built ones also include a number of different intensities from beginner to expert.

Message 9 of 36

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj So is it an official blog or a fan made thing? 

OK that sounds a bit more detailed then the one I use. There are no pre built routines on there it's just custom only. I definitely give the 7M one a look! 

signature

Message 10 of 36