Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog: Set up a sim pin

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Just been watching Watchdog who explain that people steal your phone, take the sim out and put it in other phones to call premium rate numbers. Don't just set a phone lock, set a sim lock!!  Before you do this please remember it will ask for a default sim ppin number (IT ISN'T YOUR LOCK SCREEN PIN NUMBER)

EDIT 1:
For people about to do this! According to MI5, confirmed by myself via O2 online chat but credit goes to this MI5 the default SIM PIN for O2 is 0000 for anyone else reading this and trying to set up a PIN lock on your sim card.

Edit 2:
For people who have blocked their phones MI5 explains that if you need a PUK code it can be found on your MYO2 page http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
You can also use online chat when they are not busy. They currently are, wonder why. 

Edit 3: 
When you do activate the sim pin lock do remember to change the pin or else whats the point. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

I attempted to set up a SIm PIn

Instead i has blocked me out saying I need a PUK code

O2 is closed and I am now without a phone

BRILLIANT!

Message 2 of 78

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Your PUK is in your My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 78

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
or here http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/getPUK/welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, I've been blocked out and I am now without a phone and the helpful website gives you a link that doesn't work anymore.

Can anyone help with a PUK code?
Message 5 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blocked mine too! Bloody watchdog !
Message 6 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also just tried to set a sim pin on my iPhone 5s and have managed to lock my sim and need a puk code. Can't get through to O2 so I'm also without a phone!!!
Message 7 of 78

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
See above ^^^

Currently using:
Message 8 of 78

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Use o2 chat. I just asked them for the default pin code and it worked. They also said I can chat with them to unlock it but I said i just wanted the default pin.

Don't think you are alone. I entered my usual pin twice before I realised it wanted the default one.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 9 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here... 😞
Guess it's a trip up to the O2 shop during my lunch tomorrow... Triffic