Did you mean: 

O2 E-sim + physical SIM not working properly in Europe EU

AL161
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I have been switching between O2 and Lebara; EE and others to see which provider is best for a frequent visitor to the EU. On paper, O2 appears to be the best, if it works of course. In reality, often it does not. Recently my e-Sim failed in France for no apparent reason and I left without any banking apps for two weeks abroad. It was very stressful and expensive. 

E-sim could only be activated in the UK and tech support refused to post physical sim abroad!!! 

After two weeks of nightmare holidays, back in the UK I am going through the second E-sim which fails to work. I receive NO incoming calls, but able to make outgoing calls. If someone dials my number they get the message-  "incorrect number". 

The UK tech support told me that physical sim are often faulty as well. I had three faulty physical sims. They fail to dial certain numbers unexplicably.

Customer service promissed to refund £20 that failed to materialise. 

Manchester shop failed to serve me claiming I must have a physical ID with me. My iphone has face recognition and O2 app but it is not enough! 

Wilmslow shop, outskirts of Manchester did not ask for an ID.

O2 has become an absolute failure bith in terms of service and cusomer support.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7802 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Have to say been running an eSIM with O2 for some time. Swapped handsets a year ago and swapping an eSIM on to my new phone was quick and painless.

That said O2 is not my primary account, that is with EE and is a physical SIM. I would not want an eSIM for that with all the hassle the cause and I advise people against, whatever the network 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2