Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract (Lewis Hamilton)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just in case you thought the title of the thread referred to me having a new contract...No...not at all. wink

It has been announced that Lewis Hamilton will be signing a new contract with Mercedes today..

Worth £27,000,000.....a year....

I am an avid Formula One fan...and no secret that I love Lewis Hamilton. He has always been a favourite of mine....but £27,000,000?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/32124091

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I could do that....Whistle

Go for it @jonsie ! Good Idea

Well I'm visiting Singapore shortly so I might just try blasting round the streets there....

Message 31 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Hope he gets unlimited data with that.

Ohhhhhhh ..... thank gawd for you:- the Lord Viridis ..... for always being garanteed to have me just positively burst out laughing whilst looking at my laptop screen ..... & long may you do so :smileyhappy:............. Bouncy Fantastic :womanvery-happy:

Message 32 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

That could be a long wait....

Don't forget she does have excellent stalking qualities wink

another joker in the pack @Beenherebefore ..... just don't stop with the funnies ..... Bouncy Fantastic LOL ..... Cleoriff is a strong woman Hero

Message 33 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Of course....this was a few years ago now....Whistle

ditch

spit-take / falls off chair ..... you know of course that I can't drive ..... only a 'wheelie bin' LOL

Message 34 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Pleased for me Jane?....I wish it was me getting 27 million....LOL

Mind you some will think its silly money...others will say... if they want to keep a driver of Hamilton's calibre then they have to pay for the privilege Dance

And then you will always get people like my husband ....who will keep shouting loudly that F1 is too safe now and nothing like it was in the 'good ole' days' LOL

Probably then again, how many jobs do you know that you have to sit on top of a highly flammable liquid, being propelled by an engine on your backside at 180+ mph on slices of rubber, steering in an area no bigger than the width of your body and competing with 20 other nutters in similar machines trying to get you out of the way....apart from fighter pilots who have weapons and they really don't get paid much in comparison!

They're not drivers but test pilots and the reality is that their lives can be gone in a matter of seconds. But yes, you have to pay for the quality to get the results and eventually we all see the benefits when the teams sell on their tech to the car industry or other related areas.

excellent post @sheepdog this from me from a 'professional pedestrian' ..... & btw good to see you back on the forum slight_smile

Message 35 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahem............... actually before I became a member of the community January last year ..... *whispers in a quiet voice* ..... I rather liked Vettel ..... I know I shall bring down upon myself the Wrath of @Cleoriff ............................... 

Message 36 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

ahem............... actually before I became a member of the community January last year ..... *whispers in a quiet voice* ..... I rather liked Vettel ..... I know I shall bring down upon myself the Wrath of @Cleoriff ............................... 

VETTEL??....VETTEL??.... go wash your mouth out @Anonymous  Jaw-dropping LOL

Mind you it was nice to see a 'Ferrari Driver' winning last week ....it opens up the competition..(The fact it just happened to be Vettel is irrelevant )  *Sniffs*....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

And breaking news on SKY, Hamilton moving to Ferrari announced today, @Cleoriff 😳

Message 38 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Next year @pgn Lewis will continue with Merc this year and move to Ferrari for 2025.

See here LEWIS TO FERRARI 2025 

I was undecided about another F1 thread but forget that!! This year will be interesting to say the least.

What if Merc produce a race winning car for 2024? 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Ah, ok - heard more info in the car earlier on the radio. Apparently, any team Lewis has joined has had a win in the first two years - not that I have tried to verify that...

Message 40 of 41