Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2022

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

This is the year of the change to regulations and a new look for F1 cars. According to the FIA, 'it's to level the playing field'. I'm not happy with that, it's killing innovation and turning an elite sport into F2.

I may be wrong but that needs to be proved.

Anyway the 'confirmed' calendar is here.

F1 calendar 22.jpg

In other news, various sports articles are showing concern that Lewis Hamilton has maintained a social media blackout since the fiasco of Abu Dhabi.

Depending on your point of view, this race was 'nearly' won by Hamilton who was 12 seconds ahead of Verstappen until 5 laps from the end when a crash by Latifi brought out a safety car. The race director who was being harangued by Toto Wolff (Mercedes manager) and Christian Horner (Red Bull manager), made some very controversial decisions in order to 'get one lap of racing'.

The outcome was, Verstappen won the race and his first championship.

Hamilton who was within 5 laps of an historical 8th WDC, behaved with utmost dignity at race end. Congratulated Verstappen and Horner. Was interviewed by Jenson Button and refused to be drawn on any comment regarding the controversy. Stood on the podium and continued to go through the motions of the celebration.

Since then nothing has been heard from him.

According to his brother Nicholas 'Lewis is fine. He's having a break Social Media can be a very toxic place'.

Further rumour is Hamilton was the one who stopped Mercedes from taking this case to the F1 Court of Appeal, which was their intention after their appeal was dismissed by the FIA in Abu Dhabi.

Anyway roll on February when the cars are revealed and March when testing begins.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 166
165 REPLIES 165

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36249 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Yeah, the Express was full of "the Brit was then beaten to the prize by Verstappen after an incident involving the safety car" non-useful commentary yesterday... 🙄

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1544163/F1-news-Lewis-Hamilton-retirement-FIA-Mohammed-...

Message 2 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Never seen the Express at any race so their information was gleaned from other reputable sources @pgn 

This is a better read if you are interested. https://the-race.com/formula-1/verstappen-passes-hamilton-on-last-lap-to-win-f1-title/ 

It explains how Masi the race director manipulated the finish to allow one lap of racing. Legally the race should have finished behind the safety car which isn't exciting at all but Hamilton who dominated the race from start to finish and was 11 seconds ahead of Verstappen, deserved the win.

Anyway, enough of that!

Hamilton flew from Abu Dhabi 3 days after the race to Windsor to receive his knighthood. He said (Pre- ceremony that he would pose for pictures but would not be doing interviews. Fair comment I suppose. He hardly wants a barrage of questions about the race finish when he is being knighted.

However since these pictures have been taken we have heard nothing from any of his social media accounts.

Of course this will encourage rumours  that he is going to announce his retirement!

I hope not.

Although he turns 37 in 2 days, he has lost none of his skill or passion for racing. (although his passion took a knock in Abu Dhabi.

Next month the new cars will be revealed. I'm hoping to see him there.

LH KNIGHTED.JPG

LH Knighted (mum).JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

TESTING 2022 dates.

The first week of testing in Barcelona, scheduled for 23 to 25 of February, will be attended by journalists, but the sessions will not be broadcast live on TV. Instead, a 60-minute summary will be broadcast via F1 TV each day.

The second week of testing in Bahrain, from 11 to 13 March, will be broadcast live via F1 TV.

Before things kick off in Barcelona, two days have been made available to teams that wish to schedule a filming day. All teams are able to schedule two of these days per calendar year.

The season starts in full in BAHRAIN on the 18th-20th March.

Exciting. New Cars, New Rules

Everything you need to know about the massive technical regulation overhaul HERE 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

F1 fans are looking forward to the 2022 car reveal dates.

Some dates have been announced.

22 car reveals.jpg

In other news, Lewis Hamilton is still to make any public comment after Abu Dhabi. Of course this has led to speculation that he will retire. I think he's waiting to see what the initial FIA review has to say. The first part is due at the beginning of February.

It makes me laugh really. If LH says anything, he's ridiculed. He keeps quiet for 2 months and people are still talking about him (and making up stuff as they don't know what else to say 😂)

I think if he was leaving F1, Mercedes would have made an announcement by now?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 166

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12117 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Is his contract up then @Cleoriff ? Or is he on a yearly deal?

If his contract is still current then the assumption should be he is sticking around unless he wants to stump up and cancel...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 166

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be very surprised if Lewis Hamilton retired on such a sour note, and I'm sure he want's that 8th title.

I wouldn't blame him if he did after last years fiasco of a season though, but I hope he doesn't. 

Message 7 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

No, He is contracted to Mercedes until 2023 @gmarkj. I'm hoping he will be back  but the consensus seems to be that the Race director (Michael Masi) has to go. Not just for Abu Dhabi but his lack of consistency during the season. Which is all very well but currently they have no-one to replace him.

This is the problem when the FIA investigate the FIA. They are 'marking their own homework'. However they do know that had Mercedes taken this to the Supreme Court for Sport they would have won. It was Lewis who stopped that. He said he didn't want to win a championship via the courts.

There are also many people who have made it clear that they don't want Schumachers record broken. People like Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and the poisonous dwarf, Bernie Ecclestone No wonder there is so much consipiracy talk!  (I don't aspire to that, although there was certainly a great deal of manipulation!1)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Today the teams started to reveal their cars for 2022.

First one to be shown is Haas. A team who is always bottom of the league table so not expecting too much from them.

Haas.jpg

Haas 1.jpg

Haas 3.jpg

Next one is Red Bull on Feb 9th.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 166

Cleoriff
  • 123177 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions