Did you mean: 

Movies in June 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to a very special movie discussion which is the 1 year anniversary of the start of the monthly movie threads! cool

Did anyone get to see anything we talked about in last months discussion? I had a busy month so didn't get to the cinema unamused, but I'm still hoping to catch Brightburn and John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum before they leave the theaters. 

It missed June by a day but I'm including Godzilla: King of the Monsters on my watch list for this month. Godzilla faces of against other giant monsters leaving humanity in danger! What else could you ask for in a summer action movie. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 15.21.29.png

Whilst the reviews arn't great so far I'm still going to see Dark Phoenix as I liked the recent X-Men movies and will see the franchise through to the end. 

It's a great month for both kids and adults with Toy Story 4 and The The Secret Life of Pets both hitting the big screen. in June.

Men in Black: International, the soft reboot of the Men in Black franchise comes out and there's also a comedy/horror zombie film, The Dead Don't Die starring Bill Murry and Adam Driver which I'm interested in seeing. 

Something for everyone this month it seems! Let us know what you're movie plans are this month. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Not really, no.
It is mostly the release order up to Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1.
I am following the sequence on the below link.
CNET MCU Order
After the first GotG, you watch the 2nd then Ultron.

Then it moves things around ALOT.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

I watched I Am Mother last night and enjoyed it...though I have to admit I didn't quite 'get' the ending? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm glad you enjoyed it @Cleoriff ! My take on the ending below. wink

More info
Mother's plan was to create a human version of itself to carry on the repopulation of the planet with a better, smarter version of humans. Daughter passed this 'test' unlike the previous versions which were referenced earlier in the movie. 

I think the woman in the container was one of the previous embryos that was always intended to test the daughters character which is why Mother asks why she doesn't remember her parents and what her purpose is. 

Mother ultimately wanted the best for humanity but decided the best way was to reset the population and at the end of the movie Mother realised that Daughter would be able to take her place and raise the next generation of humans so left her in charge of the bunker. 

Overall a great movie. One I'll definately watch again later. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ah yes I get it now @Martin-O2  although

More info
It was confusing at the end when the other robots were trying to break into the enclosure. I presume they stopped when they realised Mother handed over responsibility to Daughter. Also did you notice the embryos had the word aborted on the back of their containers?
Also, I still wasn't sure how the hell that intruder survived? I think there is scope for a sequel!!.
More info
joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I think you're right about...

More info
the other robots stopping once Mother handed over the facility to Daughter. Once it was clear she was going to do as planned they had no need to get to her. 

I didn't notice that on the embryos! Good spot. Perhaps they were aborted babies from before the extinction event? 

I think the intruder was part of Mothers plan all along to test Daughter, which is why she was able to survive all that time on her own. 

The story was left with an opportunity for a sequel so hopefully we'll get one at some point. 

signature

Message 25 of 25