Did you mean: 

Movies in June 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to a very special movie discussion which is the 1 year anniversary of the start of the monthly movie threads! cool

Did anyone get to see anything we talked about in last months discussion? I had a busy month so didn't get to the cinema unamused, but I'm still hoping to catch Brightburn and John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum before they leave the theaters. 

It missed June by a day but I'm including Godzilla: King of the Monsters on my watch list for this month. Godzilla faces of against other giant monsters leaving humanity in danger! What else could you ask for in a summer action movie. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 15.21.29.png

Whilst the reviews arn't great so far I'm still going to see Dark Phoenix as I liked the recent X-Men movies and will see the franchise through to the end. 

It's a great month for both kids and adults with Toy Story 4 and The The Secret Life of Pets both hitting the big screen. in June.

Men in Black: International, the soft reboot of the Men in Black franchise comes out and there's also a comedy/horror zombie film, The Dead Don't Die starring Bill Murry and Adam Driver which I'm interested in seeing. 

Something for everyone this month it seems! Let us know what you're movie plans are this month. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw Aladdin last week. Whilst a live action film. It won’t live up to the classic animation. The pacing falls flat in the middle & they don’t expand on the Jafar plot much or flesh out the character 

Message 2 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm definitely interested in Godzilla, Toy Story 4 and The Secret Life of Pets 2 @Martin-O2. Also the live action version of Alladin, though I've noted @Anonymous's review of it above. 

Dark Phoenix is also one I want, I take no notice of reviews, to be honest.

Not sure about the latest  Men In Black, though. Not very impressed by the promos I've seen and I loved Will Smith in the originals and can't see that being bettered somehow.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous the animated Aladdin was amazing so I'm definitely interested in seeing the live action version! 

I'm the same with reviews @Glory1. I like to hear what others think but I'd never not watch a film based on reviews and like to make my own mind up. 

The Men in Black movie donesn't look as good as the original. I'll probably wait for that to hit Netflix before I watch it.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 25

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I'm cool with most films, but I really hate "Easter Eggs" - and there will almost certainly be one on the end of the new X-men film, Dark Phoenix.

Cue half a screenful of popcorn nerds all waiting 'till the end of the credits....

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 5 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure how much I will get to the cinema this month.
I will probably see most of those at some point but not sure when.
Biggest film news for June for me is the opening of the new cinema at Rushden Lakes at the end of the month - just in time for the new Spiderman film at the start of July!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Not sure how much I will get to the cinema this month.
I will probably see most of those at some point but not sure when.
Biggest film news for June for me is the opening of the new cinema at Rushden Lakes at the end of the month - just in time for the new Spiderman film at the start of July!

That's very convenient @gmarkj. Enjoy xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I know what you mean @Projectionist. I don't mind Easter Eggs but they should be hard to find and a little treat for fans and not super obvious like a lot of movies these days.

Nice @gmarkj! We just had a new cinema open in my town. It's much more convenient to get to then the existing one. 

signature

Message 8 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It certainly will be.
Currently takes about 30 minutes to get to the cinema in Northampton.
Will take less than 10 to get to Rushden Lakes.
Plus it is supposed to be an IMAX screen.
Not that I am excited about this. Nope.
Not.
At.
All.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
It certainly will be.
Currently takes about 30 minutes to get to the cinema in Northampton.
Will take less than 10 to get to Rushden Lakes.
Plus it is supposed to be an IMAX screen.
Not that I am excited about this. Nope.
Not.
At.
All.

How brilliant is that? Great news for you and I believe you will really enjoy Spiderman Popcorn

Message 10 of 25