Did you mean: 

Movies in June 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to a very special movie discussion which is the 1 year anniversary of the start of the monthly movie threads! cool

Did anyone get to see anything we talked about in last months discussion? I had a busy month so didn't get to the cinema unamused, but I'm still hoping to catch Brightburn and John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum before they leave the theaters. 

It missed June by a day but I'm including Godzilla: King of the Monsters on my watch list for this month. Godzilla faces of against other giant monsters leaving humanity in danger! What else could you ask for in a summer action movie. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 15.21.29.png

Whilst the reviews arn't great so far I'm still going to see Dark Phoenix as I liked the recent X-Men movies and will see the franchise through to the end. 

It's a great month for both kids and adults with Toy Story 4 and The The Secret Life of Pets both hitting the big screen. in June.

Men in Black: International, the soft reboot of the Men in Black franchise comes out and there's also a comedy/horror zombie film, The Dead Don't Die starring Bill Murry and Adam Driver which I'm interested in seeing. 

Something for everyone this month it seems! Let us know what you're movie plans are this month. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj 10 minutes away! That's brilliant and iMax too. cool 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 11 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11964 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
Yep.
Really looking forward to trying it out - have already changed the reward my bank offers to Cineworld tickets instead of Vue ones!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Has anyone seen I Am Mother which dropped on Netflix a few weeks ago? I really enjoyed this movie! It's very well made and the acting and effects are great. A must watch for sci fi fans! 

signature

Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122140 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Has anyone seen I Am Mother which dropped on Netflix a few weeks ago? I really enjoyed this movie! It's very well made and the acting and effects are great. A must watch for sci fi fans! 

Thanks for the heads up on this @Martin-O2. It sounds like something I would enjoy. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

gmarkj
  • 11964 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
No - am going back through all the Marvel films at the minute.
It is on the watch list, but that seems to keep getting bigger rather than getting smaller!
On a (slight) tangent, have you seen the trailers for the Prime series The Boys @Martin-O2?
It is a little similar to Brightburn (also on the list!) in that it looks at what happens when super powered individuals use their powers for the wrong reasons. It is also very definitely aimed at an adult audience...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 15 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I thought it was fantastic throughout @Cleoriff! I'd highly recommend it even if you're not massively into sci fi, it's a great movie. 

Nice @gmarkj I'm planning on going back through all the Marvel films in order at some point. Haha I know the feeling of an ever growing watchlist. laughing 

Yes The Boys looks great! I actually read the comics the show is based on quite a few years back now and the story was brilliant. The comic was super dark and violent too so I'm glad they haven't tried to tone it down at all as that would take away from what made it great. 

A fun bit of trivia, Simon Pegg was friends with one of the artists so the main character looks exactly like him in the comic and he's been cast as that characters dad in the TV adaptation. 

signature

Message 16 of 25

gmarkj
  • 11964 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
You forget how many there are at times @Martin-O2.
I am part way through Age of Ultron so have a way to go yet!
The trailer looked really good so am looking forward to it.
Rather interesting piece of trivia there. Also was unaware that the chap who created this also came up with Preacher - another very dark and out there show!

Message 17 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

You have a ways to go then @gmarkj

Cool, I started on Preacher and what I saw was good! I've got high hopes for The Boys. 

signature

Message 18 of 25

gmarkj
  • 11964 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
I do, and I'm not watching them in the release order either!

Message 19 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Are you following the in-universe timeline @gmarkj ? I think that's how I'm going to do it when I re-watch the lot. 

signature

Message 20 of 25