Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile or Landline?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I recently read on the BBC Technology page that in the USA more people use their mobiles than landlines. Apparently many households don't even have a landline and rely solely on their mobiles.

This particularly interested me as I don't have a landline and exclusively use my mobile . My reason is that I make so few phone calls that I cannot justify paying additiinal line rental for a service I rarely use. I can browse the net, do on-line shopping, send emails and messages (the latter through Whatsapp not SMS),play games and do a search on any subject even how to spell a word on my mobile. And, of course, make the odd phone call.

So all if this made me wonder what's the situation here in the UK? I assume all of you have a landline as well as your mobile. So my question is which do you use most: your landline or your mobile? And what do you use your mobile for?
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've only got a mobile these days, but the reception in my apartment is patchy to say the least (using BT Mobile), so I should probably invest in a new telephone. I know there are Apps that address that problem, by using a WiFi connection, but it is frustrating that mobile still lags behind in many areas of the country (i.e. in terms of call quality).

I sympathise. Many of my friends, a number of whom live outside the London area, complain about call quality. This really shouldn't be the case. But then the same applies to broadband where many areas of the UK suffer appalling problems with speed. It's 2017 FGS these kinds of problems shouldn't exist as most of us have mobiles and use broadband. The telecommunications companies need to get their acts together sharpish.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 32

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm the same, have a landline connected, but no phone plugged in for 3 plus years. Only have the connection for my fibre broadband.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 32 of 32