cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAPTOP CHARGER HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

um... again the title speaks for itself.. my friend has let me borrow her samsung R510 laptop. and the charger is tempermental, is only works in certain plugs, the connection isnt too good ect, i don't have a lot of money to replace one, so where do i go? do i even attempt to buy online??  it recognises the charger is in there but won't charge....

😕 i as going to use it for getting back into uni, so...

any help is appreciated,

xx

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably not a good idea you mentioning you 'sitting on it, holding it together'.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep.. well its been edited out slight_smile

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that same laptop and have bought a couple of power supplies for it.  The last one I bought was through ebay last September - same seller has them listed for £6.25 including the mains lead and P&P - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19V-3-15A-AC-Adapter-charger-for-Samsung-NP-R510-NP-R60Y-R50-V02-GT8000-NP...

It's been reliable - doesn't get hot or buzz and the lead between the PSU and laptop is a good length.  The plug seems well made and and I've had no problems with it despite making heavy use of it for several hours a day.  Delivery was also very quick - two days from paying to arriving.

The seller has a very good rating 99.8% off ~8,000 sales in the last year.

I'm always wary of recommending sellers because nothing's perfect and I'd hate to get the blame for something going wrong but I will say that I have that seller bookmarked and would use them again.   Obviously, check the latest feedback before using any ebay seller as there are sometimes high rated sellers who start getting a lot of negatives just before they go bust.

If you're wary of ebay, it's worth noting that many of the sellers on Amazon are exactly the same large sellers as on ebay so you can often look at the feedback on Amazon for more detailed information from buyer then buy through whichever has the best price.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i have lots of laptop chargers and i mean a lot i can post 1 out to you if you would like (edited personal info) i dont want anything for it

Message 14 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi brasso111,

I edited your post, as the forum is publicly viewable slight_smile

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, thanks but i think i already have one slight_smile 

and in case i don't thanks for the link doll slight_smile x

Message 16 of 16