cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bose solo sound system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody got one or seen one in action? 

At £300 plus it is a lot of money and I have read mixed reviews. The fact you can't adjust bass ect puts me off a little. 

Having been a big Bose fan for many years and wanted to tidy up my system in the front room I am slightly torn.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Didn't think you'd need to adjust bass given they use reflective sound transmission? Looked interesting but I'd need a new tv and the next one I get is going to be bigger than 40". But I'd need a new house first though fit it in Smiley LOL

If it was 200 it would have been better but at that price you're better served with a receiver/speakers. 

Message 2 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

From what I've read there's a lot of argument about the sound quality, but again I would want to hear it first before buying.

Buy it online then you have at least 7 days to return it if it doesn't sound the way you want.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a pretty good set up at the moment but it does take up a bit of space not as much as my old system that was through a basebox and two jamo d395 speakers ( I was young and vulgar lol)

Want to de-clutter a little and want to have something to complement my LG 60" 3D ( not using the 3D at the moment)

Message 4 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

My eyes can only do 2D at the moment! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too perksie lol. 

Its the same as the HD ready scare most gullible people went through a few years ago. Its there when I think it is worth while to get it but Sky 3D is stupid money for what you get. 

Plus I feel stupid wearing glasses. lol

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes just like the big rip-off when everyone had to switch to digital TV. The big selling point was HD-ready giant screens but it wasn't mentioned at the time that everyone had to pay extra to receive HD.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will say that my friend has Sky 3D and it is pretty awesome for some movies and great for the music concerts. Sports is ok!

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd rate bang and olufsen over bose anyway.

But the system you've mention is supposed to be quite good. Unfortunatly bose in my opinion has lost what they used to do best and that's in compromisable quality. They seem more like Nike slapping their sticker on anything they can and selling it at huge prices.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 10