cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't actually know anyone who would be interested @Anonymous 

My husband has just upgraded and my other friends are all iPhone fans - typical!

Message 111 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh lol I would've bought it but I just got the z1
Message 112 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello @Anonymous

How are you getting on with your iPhone 5s ?

Has the Samsung Galaxy 5s still not come out of the box. 😞
Message 113 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BoB, the iPhone is set up and running nicely - it's like having an old friend back!  Well apart from the fact the old one hadn't been backed up since 15-March so I'm a few bits missing.

The Samsung has been sold to my husband's friend so I'm now putting the whole sorry saga behind me.  Now, if when Samsung release the S6 I suddenly announce 'I want one of those', please remind me of this and tell me not to be so stupid!

Message 114 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't worry I'll remind you as requested along with the hilarious sim/sofa story.

Welcome back to the DarkSide
Message 115 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I bought the iPhone in CPW I made sure they put my SIM in it for me - no way was I going to try to get that home!  I could imagine having to take the car apart as if I can lose my work pass in it I'm sure I could lose a nano SIM!

Message 116 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for making me smile.

slight_smile
Message 117 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to this the iPhone is now unlocked. I filled out the form on the O2 website last night and it was done within 20 minutes! I must have picked a quiet night but thanks O2!
Message 118 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that's fast !

How many times do we see feedback where it's taken hours / days and weeks for the unlocking solution !

Are you tempted to use another networks sim in the iPhone ?
Message 119 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was very surprised - I thought it was an automated email saying they O2 had received my request!

It might come in useful - we are going to Lyme Regis in September and I don't know what O2's 2G coverage is like (there is no 3G) so if it's bad I'll find somewhere with reception and set up call divert so the cat sitter and my Mum can get hold of me if necessary.  We are also going to Florida next year so I can use a local SIM if I need to (if I decide not to use Tugo) - we had a few problems when we were there last year and my phone wasn't unlocked and I had a higher than usual(!) bill when I got back!

Message 120 of 121