cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:
In the past on ebay I have sold loads of phones but make sure you restrict who can bid and vet them etc. But luckly I have never had a problem as a seller . I also only send the phone by special delivery to ensure it is insured and tracked. I also only have accepted paypal . Yes the fees are there but set the price right you will cover them .

When I sell on Ebay I only sell to UK buyers, only accept Paypal and ship using recorded or special delivery depending on the value of the item.  I was asked to send a phone to someone in Nigeria once and they would pay me when they received it.  Needless to say I didn't fall for it!

Message 101 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah the Nigerian Scam !

Downright disgusting.
Message 102 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe that people actually fall for that one!  I remember my Mum getting a letter saying that one of my Dad's relations in Africa had money and needed to put it into a UK bank account.  Thankfully she is generally pretty on the ball and just laughed but I know some people get caught out.  (I would have been very worried if she had fallen for it as we have no relatives in Africa!)

I've never used Gumtree but I'll have a look.  I won't be doing anything with the phone until after Easter and before that I'll be doing my selling research.

I'm not too worried about the phone being locked to O2 as I'm not planning on leaving now.  After going to Sussex at the weekend it seemed that the coverage issues I had before have improved and my husband's Vodafone coverage was no better so I'm happy to stay - good customer service, good coverage and this forum!

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice, I always appreciate it.

Message 103 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gumtree holds no fees and you meet the buyer/seller.

Just do this in a public place with friends.

Good to hear your here to stay.

As the phone is new it's naturally going to be more likely snapped up.
Message 104 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Get it advertised whilst there is a shortage of S5's available on general sale and you will get more for it.... A couple of weeks in and the demand will drop for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 105 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point MI5.  I've just seen one sell on Ebay for over £500 and I'm watching a few more to get an idea of prices.

Message 106 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Strike while the iron is hot and all that. wink
Message 107 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem is I'm either too impulsive or don't get around to doing anything - there's no happy medium!

Message 108 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha @Anonymous
Message 109 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't u sell it to a friend or someone in ur family that might want it @Anonymous
Message 110 of 121