The rope was obviously there for a reason  wink

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Quite ridiculous really. As you say, the rope was there for a reason. It looks as if the photo was taken to create a 'sensation'. We have no idea how many times the guard had asked her to move..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
What a stupid woman. Hope she wasn't American.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Quite ridiculous really. As you say, the rope was there for a reason. It looks as if the photo was taken to create a 'sensation'. We have no idea how many times the guard had asked her to move..

Sky’s headline is designed to create a sensation, because that’s what journalists do, and it’s fairly consistent with how the story has been reported in the tabloids. Not surprisingly, it’s also caused a bit of a stir on social media, and the reaction has been fairly mixed. But I wouldn’t say there’s been much sympathy for the tourist involved. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/wallaceme/status/1022062163777789952

Message 4 of 11

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

what the average tourist/punter is blissfully unaware of is that the guards are on duty. They are unable to stop for anyone. If you get in their way they will either push you away or walk over you. More fool that stupid tourist for standing in front of a soldier on duty. She is lucky she didnt get shot! (which by the way the guards are authorised to do) 

No symapthy 

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

If you search on YouTube you'll see that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I remember seeing one where a guard actually pointed his gun at a tourist and told them to get away.

Edit: In fact, here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bW4bRcEVEk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Some tourists behave like idiots when away from home. They'd never get in the way of a soldier with a gun at home.

I bet they look at the Guards and forget they are soldiers trained to kill not just men dressed up in a pretty uniform for the tourists to take a photo with.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've no time for people like this ... no respect for the military for one thing ... have watchen the blue link you posted @Bambino & some people are beyond words ... well ... the guards said it right!

Message 8 of 11

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Some tourists behave like idiots when away from home. They'd never get in the way of a soldier with a gun at home.

I bet they look at the Guards and forget they are soldiers trained to kill not just men dressed up in a pretty uniform for the tourists to take a photo with.

Exactly, you nailed it.

Stupid is as stupid does...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

What's more in this heat guess who I feel more sorry for?

Yes that's right....The guard in full military regalia who has to stand in that heat for hours on end.Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11