cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I never know...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether to start a new topic or not.

Like the weather or music.  It seems pointless starting a new one when there are older ones about with perfectly apt / good titles that were talking about the exact same thing.. But I know some people / forums are a bit touchy about reviving old threads..

So I'm wondering how old is too old, or whether a new thread is in order!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

However the search engine has the annoying habit of changing your words and asking if you mean this instead. No I don't actually and you have just wasted 10 minutes of my life I won't get back!

I google everything and just start the sentence with 'O2 blah blah blah.
Without fail google will find nearly every topic posted on here.....

I find this very annoying too.

Thanks

Steve
Message 21 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah @Anonymous completely missing on the iPad.. frustrating! 

And you’re right it should be passed on, not sure if or what they can do tho.. any ideas @Marjo @Martin-O2 or @EmilieT ?

I think starting a new thread is good but some of the old posts and some of the usernames may bring back memories and maybe even new discussion from those that remember those users! (Not sure if that’s good or bad)

Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There is actually a second search bar in the right hand corner (next to where you sign in), so I’ve edited my earlier post to reflect that. But it’s much smaller than the main search bar, which is still missing in landscape view. So I think the feedback is still valid, and it would be interesting to know whether any other tablets / operating systems are affected. 

Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is actually a second search bar in the right hand corner (next to where you sign in), so I’ve edited my earlier post to reflect that. But it’s much smaller than the main search bar, which is still missing in landscape view. So I think the feedback is still valid, and it would be interesting to know whether any other tablets / operating systems are affected. 

But I find that little search bar searches the whole O2 site and not just the forum. You get all sorts of useless things from it..

Message 24 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But I find that little search bar searches the whole O2 site and not just the forum. You get all sorts of useless things from it..

Yes, you’re absolutely right. I’m talking nonsense again Smiley Embarassed

It does indeed search the whole site. I must confess, like a few others in this thread, I don’t bother with either search feature, and google is my friend wink

But 02 should want to have reliable search features, so hopefully this kind of feedback will be taken on board. 

Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

You didn’t to get to be a ‘rising star’ by talking nonsense LOL.. So I’ll ignore this one! 

It it does sometimes give forum results, just very sporadically

Message 26 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I thought they were duplicating effort at first, but of course the main search bar (i.e. the one we use for the community) should refine the search results for community related topics. I did test it in finding this thread, so perhaps it’s not quite as bad as it’s being perceived here. The lack of visibility on some devices in landscape mode is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed though, and I’m wondering whether it’s the kind of feedback that needs to be added to that particular discussion around the mobile platform.

Edit: to add clarification. 

Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppysmum wrote:

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-LURKING-STILL-LURKING.jpg

@Cleoriff @Anonymous @Anonymous @jonsie tongue_winking

I like this @Poppysmum ... but I can't seem to find a suitable response image that I would wish to post so will a picture or a red panda do?

Image result for lurking images

Message 28 of 31

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7400 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous that's me slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 29 of 31

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poppysmum wrote:

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-LURKING-STILL-LURKING.jpg

@Cleoriff @Anonymous @Anonymous @jonsie tongue_winking

I like this @Poppysmum ... but I can't seem to find a suitable response image that I would wish to post so will a picture or a red panda do?

Image result for lurking images

Any animal will do that red panda is gorgeous slight_smile 

Message 30 of 31