Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Community Manager

Let's surprise Martin!

[ Edited ]

Note: If you're reading this, Martin, please stop and go enjoy your holiday wink

Hi everyone, 

As most of you know by now, Martin is on holiday for the next two weeks. When he returns from his well-deserved time off, rested and relaxed, @Marjo and myself would like to welcome him back in the office in the most friendly fashion - and that's where we need your help Evil

Do you guys have any ideas of funny office pranks we could prepare to welcome him back? We're looking to do this mainly around his desk or his set of drawers, something creative/imaginative, doable for us, and most importantly fun Happy Dance

Thanks for your help in advance, and looking forward to your suggestions!

PS. If possible, we'll document the prank and share some photos as well, so you can follow the prep and execution!

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 40: Notorious

Re: Let's surprise Martin!

Depends on how far you want to go with it.
You have the low risk - swap his mouse/keyboard cable to a different computer (or just detach them from his), change the orientation of the screen (not sure if this works across users), cover his workspace with post-it notes.
You have medium risk - remove all trace from his desk that it is his (any and all personal items), turn everything on his desk upside down, fill his workspace with balloons or pictures of something/someone he doesn't like (eg clowns), clingfilm or shrinkwrap everything on his desk.
Or high risk - put part filled cups on everything, grow some cress or grass in his keyboard, replace everything on his desk with a cardboard replica, stick an airhorn under his chair so it goes off when he sits down,.

Here's links to a couple of lists of ideas:
https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/05/13/17-office-desk-pranks/nggallery/image/ngg-image-3878/
https://blog.learningpeople.co.uk/top-10-office-pranks-to-perk-up-the-working-day
https://www.kitoutmyoffice.com/pages/top-10-office-pranks

Good luck and let us know what (if) you decide to do.
PS. My fav is on the last link - the fishtank drawer!
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 667

Those are great ideas @gmarkj. Thank god for you, I couldn't think of one Confused

Just a quick question @EmilieT.....is there any chance Martin may browse the forum during his holidays?

If so you better get rid of this thread....LOL

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

I hope Martin is not reading this!! LOL Martin - if you ARE reading this, can you please stop reading this from this sentence onwards until you're back? laughing

@gmarkj I love the grass in the keyboard idea although it wouldn't work as we're using laptops. Smiley Very Happy Well it would perhaps work but the boss would not appreciate it... sweat smile

Post-it notes is an interesting idea though and quite easy to do... nerd I'll have a read through the rest of the links!

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

Topics: 667

Two great minds @Marjo

See my post just above yours...joy

*The Game Is On*

Level 40: Notorious

We use laptops as well @Marjo, but most also use a normal size keyboard for ease.
I have had a couple of those pulled on me @Cleoriff, and enacted some on others as well. Nothing too extreme though.
Probably the "worst" was part filling someone's office with balloons. Which seems innocuous enough until you find out he is afraid of them (or rather, or them going bang)...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Community Manager

@Cleoriff wrote:

Two great minds @Marjo

See my post just above yours...joy

LOL

Maybe @EmilieT should add a note at the top saying if you're Martin, stop reading now.

Community highlights:

signature

Community Manager

I've edited the OP now @Cleoriff so hopefully we can discuss ideas and plans safely in this topic now LOL

@gmarkj There are so many great suggestions in the links you posted, thanks for the inspiration! Covering his desk in post-it notes is definitely doable ... someone also suggested we could cover his desk and everything on it in foil, or wrapping paper. It's the same concept but different variations joy

The balloons prank you pulled sound like a lot of work, how did it go down getting rid of all of those in the end?

Community highlights:

signature

Topics: 75

If you're gonna do it, do it right.
Everything in his work space, turn upside down..
Even to the point you power on his PC and set windows upside down.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Anonymous

Change his password