Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bank Holiday so far?

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Are we all enjoying the warm weather and having a good bank holiday so far?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a bit speechless @Cleoriff ... yes, as you say a nasty deputy matron ... I'd have just broken down or at least hung my head & tried to hide my hurt feelings ...but, you can't do any of that that with patients to attend you can you Cleo' ?

I actually told her to GET OFF ME!! and pushed her away. After she cut the hem down she sent me to Matron who gave me a jolly good b********ing and told me 'by the way you need to do something with that hair of yours  as well. It's not appropriate for nursing'.

I was furious. I told her I had done something with my hair. (It was long, dyed blonde and taken up into a beehive style') LOL

I was a bit of a renegade back then. None of the matrons, deputy matrons and assistant matrons liked me at all. Good job the ward sisters did and gave me good reports.

At the end of the 3 years after State Final exams we all had to troop up to Matrons office for our results.

She was all gushing over 'the goody two shoes' nurses (even the two who failed)

When she got to me she said 'Well I'm shocked, you passed with flying colours'

I just muttered something along the lines of never judging books by their cover....and received a death stare from the old bat. Happy Dance

Having said all that, I wouldn't change a thing. Happy days  tongue_winking

I like your style @Cleoriff ... good for you ... did the 'orrible ones ever get to know you progressed to Nursing Management ?... ... ... oOOo you with a blonde beehive Cleo' = get you ... ... ... I wore a ponytail then flicks later on ... yes, as you say = Happy Days Bouncy

Message 11 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes they did get to know @Anonymous We had 2 nursing reunions for the 4 groups who qualified (or not)  for that year.

We were advised to arrive in uniform. (yeah right!)

My friend and I (another bottle blonde) rocked up in our navy blue sisters uniforms complete with frilly caps...just to wind up Matron Pugh Jones. (We had left Coventry and were then working in Nuneaton)

Halfway throught the evening we cleared off to the ladies and changed out of uniform into our night club gear. Mini dresses, lots of bangles, 5 inch stilleto heels and full face make up. At 9.30pm we said our goodbyes making sure that we told her and her cronies that we were off to Birmingham on the train for a night out. 

Payback. The look on their faces was something I'll never forget...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 45

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Morning all. Love it @Cleoriff good on ya as well.  Everyone is an individual and different. 

I can can remember once in 5th form at school (I hated sport) I was picked last to join bottom set in tennis.  All goodie 2 shoes were placed in top set.  However over an hour I slowly won people and worked my way up to the top set.

Teacher acused me at first of cheating or something until he saw me play. Then just mumbled when I knocked his star pupil off the top.

i walked up to him, handed the racket and said next time don’t assume or judge someone.

i got a detention to which I didn’t turn up, I said you acused me of cheating so I won’t be going to Detemtion.

nothing was ever said.  By the way it was a fluke that day, I’m truly rubbish. But the gods / Karma on that day was in my favour. 

When end I walked off I was shaking like a leaf but it felt so good. Lol

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Brilliant story @darrengf. Just confirms 'Don't Judge'....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

PRICELESS !!! @Cleoriff & @darrengf above ... = ... A CLASSIC  for both of you Bouncy Bouncy

Message 15 of 45

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thank you @darrengf ... I wore a dress yesterday that didn't come out of the wardrobe last year sun

Me too. ..... Dance

Message 16 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thank you @darrengf ... I wore a dress yesterday that didn't come out of the wardrobe last year sun

Me too. ..... Dance

Betcha did it so's you could enjoy the breeze up The Trossachs @jonsie wink
Message 17 of 45

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too. ..... Dance

Betcha did it so's you could enjoy the breeze up The Trossachs @jonsie wink

The three piece suite needed airing to remove the cobwebs 😓😆

Message 18 of 45

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a bit speechless @Cleoriff ... yes, as you say a nasty deputy matron ... I'd have just broken down or at least hung my head & tried to hide my hurt feelings ...but, you can't do any of that that with patients to attend you can you Cleo' ?

I actually told her to GET OFF ME!! and pushed her away. After she cut the hem down she sent me to Matron who gave me a jolly good b********ing and told me 'by the way you need to do something with that hair of yours  as well. It's not appropriate for nursing'.

I was furious. I told her I had done something with my hair. (It was long, dyed blonde and taken up into a beehive style') LOL

I was a bit of a renegade back then. None of the matrons, deputy matrons and assistant matrons liked me at all. Good job the ward sisters did and gave me good reports.

At the end of the 3 years after State Final exams we all had to troop up to Matrons office for our results.

She was all gushing over 'the goody two shoes' nurses (even the two who failed)

When she got to me she said 'Well I'm shocked, you passed with flying colours'

I just muttered something along the lines of never judging books by their cover....and received a death stare from the old bat. Happy Dance

Having said all that, I wouldn't change a thing. Happy days  tongue_winking

Good to see you haven't changed one bit since those days @Cleoriff yahoo

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 19 of 45

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36075 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Oh yes - the sun's been out since about 13:30, so I've just demolished the last one of these, almost a litre *burp* s'cuse me.cool

2511571_1.jpg

PS. The beer, not the, well, yes... Evil

Message 20 of 45