Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bank Holiday so far?

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Are we all enjoying the warm weather and having a good bank holiday so far?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

Are we all enjoying the warm weather and having a good bank holiday so far?

Yup.....

Message 2 of 45

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Definitely @darrengf. Hope yours is also enjoyable.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123053 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good one @darrengf Nice sunny and lazy. It must be ok. It's got me out of boots and long sleeved clobber and into short sleeves, cut off type long shorts and flip flops wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thank you @darrengf ... I wore a dress yesterday that didn't come out of the wardrobe last year sun

Message 5 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 123053 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thank you @darrengf ... I wore a dress yesterday that didn't come out of the wardrobe last year sun

What's a dress? Oh I know, one of those things I wore back in the day when I was nursing..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's a dress? Oh I know, one of those things I wore back in the day when I was nursing..LOL

Betcha @Cleoriff it was above the knee & you were showing off your long legs to the delight of the male patients wink

Message 7 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 123053 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Betcha @Cleoriff it was above the knee & you were showing off your long legs to the delight of the male patients wink

God no. Tried that in the 60's when I was wet behind the ears.

I had taken up the hem of my nursing cadets uniform to go with the mini dress fashion. I then suffered the indignity of having the hem cut down by a nasty deputy matron  wielding a sharp pair of scissors.

As the dresses were starched.... the hem wouldn't pull down properly and for the rest of the shift I had to walk round wearing a dress which resembled a parasol at the bottom Horrified

Never been so humilated in my 16 year old life...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit speechless @Cleoriff ... yes, as you say a nasty deputy matron ... I'd have just broken down or at least hung my head & tried to hide my hurt feelings ...but, you can't do any of that that with patients to attend you can you Cleo' ?

Message 9 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 123053 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a bit speechless @Cleoriff ... yes, as you say a nasty deputy matron ... I'd have just broken down or at least hung my head & tried to hide my hurt feelings ...but, you can't do any of that that with patients to attend you can you Cleo' ?

I actually told her to GET OFF ME!! and pushed her away. After she cut the hem down she sent me to Matron who gave me a jolly good b********ing and told me 'by the way you need to do something with that hair of yours  as well. It's not appropriate for nursing'.

I was furious. I told her I had done something with my hair. (It was long, dyed blonde and taken up into a beehive style') LOL

I was a bit of a renegade back then. None of the matrons, deputy matrons and assistant matrons liked me at all. Good job the ward sisters did and gave me good reports.

At the end of the 3 years after State Final exams we all had to troop up to Matrons office for our results.

She was all gushing over 'the goody two shoes' nurses (even the two who failed)

When she got to me she said 'Well I'm shocked, you passed with flying colours'

I just muttered something along the lines of never judging books by their cover....and received a death stare from the old bat. Happy Dance

Having said all that, I wouldn't change a thing. Happy days  tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 45