Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bank Holiday so far?

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Are we all enjoying the warm weather and having a good bank holiday so far?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in North Yorkshire & my phone shows 22c

Quite a variation @Anonymous. On the news I heard it hit 29c in London so not sure how @Glory1 got on with that Smiley Surprised

Yes, @Cleoriff ... I too was just wondering how @Glory1 was going on with the high temperature, what's it like in Lancashire @jonsie ?

Message 31 of 45

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in North Yorkshire & my phone shows 22c

Quite a variation @Anonymous. On the news I heard it hit 29c in London so not sure how @Glory1 got on with that Smiley Surprised

Not well @Cleoriff not well at all grimacing

I had a lie down as I wasn't fit for much else. This is the weather I don't like when it get's this hot. I like it between 20-25. Above 25 and I become uncomfortable, and the higher the temp rises I start feeling ill. Still it was a nice Bank Holiday for everyone elsesmile

It's now 22° a bit more comfortable. And like you @Cleoriff I get the sun all afternoon so it gets very hot and stays warm until early morning.

Oh and we also had the sun from 6am. Lucky us laughing

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

It was pleasant enough here, once the sun emerged from behind the clouds around lunchtime. Up until then, a touch on the chilly side when you were standing where the breeze could get you, @Anonymous

@pgn I was out early in the day - the sky was blue & the temperature very pleasant ... 3rd day in a row wearing a sleeveless dress ... at about 4pm I wandered down to my usual watering hole along the canal towpath & it felt hot ... I sat inside 'with the gang' with cool drinks ... no breeze today smiling

Message 33 of 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123416 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

At 21.31pm I still have the front door wide open and every window. Along with patio doors....

So if anyone can find me, I have given licence to rob....joy

(As I hastily jump out of my chair and start locking up)  Banana

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 45

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

It’s still 18c here in Sheffield. But got to a Barmy 27c today.

I’ve got windows wide open and sat here virtual clothe less. Even flies aren’t coming in lol. See I’m eco friendly and don’t need fly spray lol.

Crazy LOL

we've have had wall to wall sunshine for the last few days. Stunning.  Another hot day tom for us, but I’ll be at work tom 😳. Think about me in air-con office. (hope it doesn’t break down)

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 35 of 45

MI5
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27857 Solutions
A rather optimistic 33 deg on the car dash this afternoon.
Whatever it was, it was bloody hot !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 36 of 45

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Mine got to 29c. But as soon as I was moving it went at 27 no matter where I went.

it felt hot tho I have to admit.  Nice weather when we get it.  

Message 37 of 45

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It was 25 degrees here in sunny Ossy and I spent the afternoon basking, or should that be baking, in the beer garden at the local pub (The Roden) Plenty of tables and chairs but no flowers....how does that amount to the name 'garden'? Anyways it was bloody hot though the beer was ice cold in frosted glasses! The trouble was that as I drink slowy, by the time I got down to the bottom, the beer was quite warm.....and no, I didn't want to risk drinking quicker fearfulLOL

Message 38 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 123416 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I always wonder why the heat in the UK is harder to bear than when abroad?

I think it's to do with expectations and the fact people are generally in holiday mood with a pool or sea close by. This heatwave in the UK came at a time when a month before, some areas were still getting snow and we were wrapped up in winter woolies with central heating on.

Anyway, it looks as if today will see the last of the warm weather. slight_frown  .

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's looking promising today weatherwise .... 16c ... forecast rising to 19c at 1pm

Message 40 of 45