Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going down

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Until the mods on this site learn some manners, I will not be posting any further.

I'm not looking for an appology, or even an explanation - Just some common courtesy.

Not too much to ask is it.

I guess this will be deleted also Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Liquid wrote:
Haha fair enough:) Good to see he found time:)

He signed with his full name but many didn't believe it was him.

He's still in the forum members list.

Took Leonard a while to track him down as even he was surprised to find it was really him

Message 61 of 81

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Understandable he'd be met with suspicion haha.

Shame would of been great to have such a vested interest from the top man. Keep Leonard and Toby on their toes grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 62 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Understandable he'd be met with suspicion haha.

Shame would of been great to have such a vested interest from the top man. Keep Leonard and Toby on their toes grin

Oh I think we do that just by ourselvesSmiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will not try to be controversial..... Sorry I laughed at that myself. 

Honestly though I do not be confrontational or controversial because I want too but because unfortunately some of the slanderous comments made need defending. Is that my job? NO but I feel like many posters on here that it needs to be hit head on. 

I admit I could be more accommodating to these posters but with my background with some of the hardest and most fickle customers on this planet I think I know how to deal with them. 

This brings me to the current moderation, I think Leonard with the support of Toby do a great job but unfortunately a forum like this almost has to be micro managed as it is in Real time. Leonard and Toby only have so many hours in the day and I do not care how good you are at your job you will never be able to stay on top of it 24 hours a day. 

There has been some massive subjects for O2 customers to debate over the last few months and the forum in general especially in the last few months has become a negative place. 

I like many on here will agree that the overall forum has been a better place since Leonard and Toby so I do not want anybody especially them to think I am criticising them personally but I do think that quicker moderation on topics like the price increases and Beyonce tickets would have resulted in less negative posts plus less internal fuming from the regular posters. 

This brings me back to some volunteer moderators with limited access. For me it is the only way to go.

Message 64 of 81

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think you make a good point about the time element.

Sometimes it seems to take a while before agressive, libellous or downright offensive posts to be removed.

The late night first time posters are the worst, feeling they can say what they like knowing that nobody will see it until the next day.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 65 of 81

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Sometimes it seems to take a while before agressive, libellous or downright offensive posts to be removed.

The late night first time posters are the worst, feeling they can say what they like knowing that nobody will see it until the next day.

Especially after a night of over-indulgence!

Message 66 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@perksie wrote:

Sometimes it seems to take a while before aggressive, libellous or downright offensive posts to be removed.

Especially after a night of over-indulgence!

I just want to point out the current time 00:03. 

Says it all really.  We are pawns in the greater chess set, either O2 accept what is being put forward or they do not. I have been massively disappointed with the negativity of the forum the last few months, So I will be using my virtual feet to do my talking.

Message 67 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

We've really got a fantastic forum and a lot of it is down to being allowed to post criticism here. Many (especially corporate) boards don't allow critique and as a result become a clinically run forums with just a few  regulars. We have a real community and I for one am so happy with that.

You will not believe the amount of times members have come back happy after initially being very upset. They have usually posted out of frustration, but totally turn around due to the friendly nature of our community. I'm very proud of that.

Yes, like with anything we have pockets of negativity during specific events, but it's allowing people to air that frustration and our collective focus on the positivity ot community that makes this such a great place.

I'll look into the moderation times and will see if we can action reports more quickly.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. You rock slight_smile

Message 68 of 81

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I've had one post moderated as I put a link in on where to find a jail-break tool and accepted that in hindsight could cause issues. I was pm'd to be kept in the loop which I appreciated.

I too am a super moderator in another forum, and apart from the occasional spam I let members talk openly.

Leonard has explained what's happened and apologised.

Making forum members moderators brings with it the issues already discussed.

Besides Mi5 would probably delete all my Apple posts..... Lol.
Message 69 of 81

MI5
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Besides Mi5 would probably delete all my Apple posts..... Lol.
Not at all.... I just "correct" them wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 70 of 81