Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie Hug

Image result for unwell images

Image result for sorry you're unwell images

Hope today will be a bit better for you ... heart ... Hug xx

Message 211 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Up to now most definitely not I'm afraid Jane but your pictures cheer me up 😊

Message 212 of 242

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @jonsie Hug

A portion of Mr Whippy Chocolate ice cream ?????? Smiley Frustrated

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 213 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Crying with laughter now @Beenherebefore.... Mr Whippy Lol...LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 214 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @jonsie Hug

A portion of Mr Whippy Chocolate ice cream ?????? Smiley Frustrated

You seriously do not know how true that actually was today... 

Message 215 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for ice cream sundae images

A little ice cream sundae for you @jonsie 

Image result for flowers in vase images

As before Steve ... Sangsom Cheers in the vase in stead of water wink

Message 216 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

That song @jonsie

'Behind The Painted Smile' ... by ... The Isley Brothers

You've spoken on the community about you're all cried out ... ... ... that you've posted on the community with tears streaming down your face ... ... ... yet you retain what, I believe it was @Cleoriff has said ... = ... 'The Wonder Of Jonsie'

It's no shame to cry @jonsie ... = ... it's a release ... ... ... you're a man to admire ... ... ... to show your feelings by way of tears ... ... ... there are many types of tears eg frustration / sadness / pain / 'diva' type / joy etc ... ... ... I've said in response to your 2 long posts last month I have 'A Happy Face' ... indeed I was nicknamed 'J R' as in JR Ewing from USA tv show Dallas for my smile because it was / is somewhat all or nothing ... ... ... this when I was working in Rochdale

You are in my / our thoughts a lot ... & ... we're all wishing you to stay strong

A card is in the post to you

Tomorrow I shall post a small but poignant & useful gift to you ... it's no use to me, as you will soon see ... will you post a pic of it on the community if you are allowed?

To leave you with a funny ... LOL ... I get multivitamin for the over 50's, it's a good one, usually 2 for 3 at Boots ... = ... I can get a bottle of Glucosamine with Chondroitin for my aches & pains too ... well ... I was in Morrisons & saw something very similar so I got them ... ... ... = ... ... ... they're Well Men for over 50's LOL ... ... ... I've been taking them ... LOL ... Do you think I should be worried LOL

Message 217 of 242

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's hard to know what to say but thank you for the kind words Jane. Yes, a painted smile is used often, far too often at the moment. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't visible yet but day by day I'm stumbling through that tunnel just hoping. Hug

Message 218 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymoussaid....

To leave you with a funny  I get multivitamin for the over 50's, it's a good one, usually 2 for 3 at Boots ... = ... I can get a bottle of Glucosamine with Chondroitin for my aches & pains too ... well ... I was in Morrisons & saw something very similar so I got them ... ... ... = ... ... ... they're Well Men for over 50's LOL ... ... ... I've been taking them ... LOL ... Do you think I should be worried LOL

Ermmmm...just let us know if you start growing hair on your chest........and growing other bits and bobs Jane....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 219 of 242

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's hard to know what to say but thank you for the kind words Jane. Yes, a painted smile is used often, far too often at the moment. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't visible yet but day by day I'm stumbling through that tunnel just hoping. Hug

There's a lot to be said for HOPE @jonsie ... if you've not lost Hope ... = ... that's good for you slight_smile ... ... ... there is light at the end of tunnel Steve ... = ... you just can't see it atm ... ... ... & ... ... ... when that light at the end of the tunnel is visible to you ... = ... NO, it ain't a train comming t'other way wink

I live on HOPE more than you know 

After Pandora's Box was opened ... & ... all the ills / evils of the world were let out ... ... ... who fluttered out last? ... = ... it  was HOPE

I live each day at a time Steve ... & ... I can't be the only one

Here's to you keeping on stumbling through that tunnel Cheers xx Hug

Image result for sangsom

Message 220 of 242