Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Well Soon Jonsie :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Some of you will know that our Jonsie/Steve  (one of the longest serving members of this forum and friend to many) .....was involved in a serious car accident in Thailand on Monday 20th February. He suffered head, chest and leg injuries and was being nursed on a ventilator

Due to the instability of his condition and the fact we weren't sure of the prognosis. I didn't post openly.. even though I had 'written' permission from the family.

Instead I contacted a lot of people via private message and other routes. It was agreed by myself and O2 management that I could post when Jonsie's condition started to improve.

Thankfully that day has arrived.

Steve has two sons who travelled to Thailand to be with their dad this weekend. I have received messages (and a picture) showing that he is now off the ventilator, sitting up in bed and managing Jonsie type conversations with his lads. (In between sleeping a lot which will be due to the pain relief he is receiving)

So great news.

If anyone wants to add good wishes please do so on this thread. (Even if you have sent them to me privately before) I will get them to Steve

As a nurse, I firmly believe in medicine and science. Due to the recovery Steve has made since his sons arrival at his bedside ...I also believe in the power of love.  

Continue getting well Steve. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 242
241 REPLIES 241

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Thank you my friends ☺️

I've already mentioned this to @Cleoriff so an update. One surgeon came round 5 minutes ago, I must stress not one who was involved in the operation, and I asked him about my foot pointing the wrong way Confused

He says, in broken English, that that was how they attached it in Thailand  Fear No they did not! 

I said I want it pointing. straight.... well you would wouldn't you? He said don't worry, they will correct it.

Now I'm no expert but I would think this would involve breaking it again. Yes that's possible he confirmed..... what the hell? Guess I need to await the proper doc on his morning round for the plan of action. 

Message 191 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I would ignore that particular doctors opinion. He wasn't involved with your surgery therefore has no knowledge of it. The first thing you need to do is to talk to the consultant. It's complicated and irrelevant here to explain why your foot isnt in total alignment... but the most important part was resetting the badly fractured lower leg bones. It's no good having your foot in a good position if the tibia and fibula never heal.

I know Salford hospital has an excellent reputation for orthopaedic surgery so honestly I am not overly concerned Steve. (And I have seen the pictures) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 192 of 242

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Hope they get you sorted out mate....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 193 of 242

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Hope they get you sorted out mate....

Thanks @MI5

Latest update...

My foot is now at a strange 90° angle!

I've spoken to the surgeon and he says it's not straight because of the loss of soft tissue and muscle. He says it can be fixed ok but it may be a two year job but no guarantee and it's possible that I could still lose the leg.

I will be having a scan tomorrow morning to see how many of the main arteries are supplying blood to my foot. This could account for the loss of sensation and feeling in my toes.

I think I've made a choice of what is the best option for me with the help of family and friends. 

Message 194 of 242

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Understand what you're saying but can't imagine having to make that call.
Stay strong .
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 195 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Remember also @jonsie...this 'possible 2 year job with no guarantee' wont be in the UK..It will be in Thailand.

They may disagree with Salford.....and up goes the cost of treatment.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 196 of 242

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Quick update guys n gals... For the last 2 days my blood pressure has been way down, I've been shivering, falling asleep every 5 minutes and after more blood tests and x-rays it seems I have double pneumonia. So it looks like tomorrow's operation will now be cancelled. Damn... Just when it looked like plain sailing!! 

Message 198 of 242

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh Steve....I am so damn sorry mate. I presume you are now on antibiotics to sort out the pneumonia?

Bloody one step forward... 2 steps back!! Hopefully this will be a short term setback Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 199 of 242

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry to hear your news @jonsie. Like @Cleoriff I hope this is a short-term setback and you are back on track for the operation on your leg very soon.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 200 of 242