Festive snacks, sweets & treats

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

IMG_7525.jpg

Hi everyone, 

During this season, with the cold weather creeping in and the days being shorter, I find that festive treats can lift up my mood and make me forget about the freezing wind and grey skies. In fact this weekend, I spent a couple of hours making the gingerbread men you can see in the picture on the right - the smell alone was fantastic, but the snacking that followed was even better smiley

Do you have any favourite treats you like to get over the festive period?

Gingerbread, mince pies, chocolate candied oranges, candy cane, some fudge, anything caramel, a good cup of hot chocolate, ... there are so many options out there, and we all celebrate the holidays in our own way - I'd be curious to know what are the treats you like most over this time of the year! christmas_tree

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I love Wensleydale cheese with cranberry.  It's available all year round but we only ever buy it at Christmas. 

Pretzels and those little cheesy crackery snack selection box things joy

Thanks

Steve
Message 11 of 38

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm another one for Wensleydale with cranberries!

Mr Kiplings festive bakewells make a nice change from regular bakewells too.

Message 12 of 38

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees Bread and peanut butter is what I had for breakfast today smiling Tea inbetween courses sounds interesting, I can imagine it feels quite cleansing and forces you to take little breaks while eating, so you'd enjoy it all more!

@davethorp Do you grab anything for the Quality Street box or look for your favourites? Everyone has a different strategy wink

@Glory1 I found the honey roasted nuts at M&S over summer, but they might be more scarce indeed ... I'm not sure why they're seasonal but with the stocking up strategy you and @Cleoriff adopted you should be all set for 2019 yum

@welshsteve76 Pretzels and salty crackers, yes please! It's my food of choice when a little sick actually, along with some soup, so with the seasonal cold and flu about I'm stocking up on those snacks sweat_smile

@Titanium Seems like this cheese is very popular smiley Do you like any of the other Mr Kipling's seasonal treats or only the festive bakewells? I spotted quite a few different ones in the shops.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 13 of 38

Titanium
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT Yep, I also like the frosty fancies & have bought a pack of individual Christmas cakes ready for the main event as well... Seems like I'm keeping Mr Kipling in business at the this time of year! grin . Though I must admit, I haven't tried any of his mince pies, have been trying own brand ones so far... It's surprising how much difference there can be in a mince pie!
Message 14 of 38

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Agree with festive bakewells and frosty fancies - super yummy!

My fave - seasonal flavours at cafes. Honeycomb, gingerbread, chocolate orange.. love them all. I’ve spotted a cherry bakewell flavour at Coffee Boy, wanna try that next 😁
Message 15 of 38

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Wow 😲 @mahj
There's another world out there 😳

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 16 of 38

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Haha, my head is that world 🙈😄 I could quite easily take this thread to 10 pages without too much thinking 🙊
Message 17 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@jonsie

Mexican Wave

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 38

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Titanium I didn't realise there were so many different Mince Pies, any favourites? I'll porbably have some over the weekend so I should do some research first to find the best ones ... thinking

@mahj All this talk of coffee syrup makes me want a nice hot and decadent latte - maybe something to pick up after work hugging Let me know how you like that Cherry Bakewell one, it's a rather unusual coffee flavour!

@TallTrees

@jonsie

joy

signature

Message 20 of 38