Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook: Log in to multiple accounts

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

A while ago iPhone users (I don't know about other users) were allowed to have numerous log ins for Facebook.  For example, if a family shared an iPad, they could each have their profile photos visible when you click on the app and you choose which account to log in.  This option was removed.

However yesterday when my sister used my phone to log in to her account, I now have the option back again.  Also, I got a pop up message from Facebook asking me to set up a pin instead of a password to log in.  I haven't updated the Facebook app for a few weeks so this option hasn't appeared from an update.

Has anyone else noticed this change?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemz

An interesting option of logging in although No I've never used the feature.

I use Paper which is the American app for Facebook.
Message 2 of 5

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

There were rumours a while ago about Apple integrating the fingerprint scanner with log ins for Facebook and other apps so maybe this is a step towards that?

Yesterday was the first time I have had an option to allow a pin to log me in to Facebook.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find anything about this online at all but I'm going to keep trying!

I vaguely remember reading something about multiple accounts on iOS the other day but I think it was about ipads becoming truely multi-user with iOS8 new features.

Message 4 of 5

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It's strange that they used to allow it and then they stopped it and now they have allowed it again.

I haven't tried it on my iPad yet but I will give it a try later.

Message 5 of 5