Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very poor customer service

ITFC4E
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lat Saturday (19/8 ), my wife and I decided to upgrade our phones. We have been with O2 for many years with no issues. This has all changed. We paid an extra £6.99 for Sunday delivery and about midday on the Sunday, I checked the orders status. It was still saying processing, so I rang 202 and asked what was going on?? I was advised that we wouldn't be getting our phones so I told them to cancel. They told me it would take 3-5 days for the cancellation to go through. Since then, it has been like I hadn't cancelled them. We've had multiple emails and texts telling us our new tariff etc. They have even taken the money out of our accounts. I have rung 202 several times and each time I have been told, the cancellation is progressing. Yesterday, we received an email telling us the phones would be delivered today ( Sunday 27/8), I rang 202 and they told me they would call DPD and cancel the delivery. This morning, we received texts telling us the phones would be delivered this afternoon. We are having to change our bank holiday plans to ensure we will be in so we can refuse the delivery or they will deliver to a neighbour!!! The website is obviously not fit for purpose, and the customer services is DEFINITELY not fit for purpose. I have asked to speak to a manager several times with no success. We want to get all this sorted out so we can get a phone from another provider who hopefully be a 100% better than O2.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10555 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@ITFC4E 

DPD wont deliver phones to a neighbour, for a start, as it needs to be at your address or nothing...  And to be fair refusing delivery is probably the worst thing to do, as it will take a while to get back to o2, the best thing to do is take delivery and then do the 14d day change of mind, and then send them back to o2 yourselves.. 

And then get a PAC code from o2, so you can move..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Bob56749648
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly it is a long process I hope you resolve your issue soon. You can always contact Ofcom and see if they can help you.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Bob56749648 wrote:

Sadly it is a long process I hope you resolve your issue soon. You can always contact Ofcom and see if they can help you.

Complete nonsense.

OFCOM don't deal with customer complaints.

O2 have a complaints process to follow https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@ITFC4E 

You need to engage with the O2 complaints team. Third-party bodies such as Resolver will usually expect you to have engaged with complaints first :-

Poor customer service

If you find that your mobile provider has not provided adequate service in resolving your complaint, you should contact your mobile provider through Resolver

Message 5 of 5