Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Just a reminder to any and all interested. Dancing On Ice starts tomorrow on ITV at 18:00.

Personally am really looking forward to it, particularly as Torville and Dean are now on the judging panel.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 299
298 REPLIES 298

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Wow takes me back. Love it now just as much as I did then and every time I've seen it since. Pure magic. Thank you @Cleoriff.

Message 91 of 299

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have just noticed on the ITV app that the theme for next weeks skating is 'Disco Week'....

Makes me wonder if Cheryl Baker will reprise 'ripping her skirt off' again....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Songs for Disco week announced

DOI DIsco.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 93 of 299

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 94 of 299

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to DOI Disco Week show ... hope Cheryl goes ... = ... Dancing Queen music indeed! for her, though I like the song music

Thank you for posting @Cleoriff ... know most of the tunes ... am getting to like the new format with Chris & Jayne as judges, though I disagreed with Jayne voting to save Lemar in last week's dance off ... & ... then head judge Chris decided that Lemar should stay & was it Charlotte to go? ... her professional skating partner Matt Deavers (Eavers?) is my favourite male pro skater

Want the rugby player to win ... I know what he looks like, he skates well, just atm can't remember his name

Dance 

Message 95 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I know all the songs but tbh they're not really what I'd have chosen for Disco week. Still, looking forward to the show on Sunday and seeing how/if Lemar has improved.

Message 96 of 299

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think the judges made the right choice sending Candice home. She spent more time in the air than on the ice.

I certainly wouldn't question Torville and Deans decisions. They know more than any judge on that panel

Cheryl was on ITV today with Dan Whiston. Got on my nerves if honest, She kept harking back to the injury she sustained 30 years ago when Bucks Fizz were involved in that tour bus crash.

If she is 'so worried' about her back, why is she even in the show?

I hope Lemar does improve, he should never have been in the skate off at all. Called in at the last minute to replace another guy who broke his ankle...and then had to cope with his pro skater being off sick for a week.

I just hope Cheryl/Dans popularity doesn't sway the public voted. We could see another Ann Widdecombe situation. (SCD) clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh dear Lord Cheryl still wingeing on about her damn back. Either shut up or leave the show. I'm sure it's her excuse for how bad she was on Sunday but it doesn't wash. Unless she magically improves I hope she's in the skate off and goes. I've little time for people entering a competition requiring physical skill then claiming physical problems. You know your limitations going in and have the option to say no. So Cheryl put up or shut up 😈

As for Lemar consideration has to be given for his late entry into the show and for his professional partner being ill giving him less training time. Added to that his routine had more skating. I agree with @Cleoriff Candice's routine was full of lifts, very little skating involved. Sorry for Candice but the right person went home.

Message 98 of 299

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Oh and I forgot to add with Jane and Chris' years of skating experience I will always bow to their expert decisions over that of the 2 non-skating judges.

Message 99 of 299

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff @Glory1 ... I do not wish to appear that I am criticising Jayne & Chris ... = ... they are long-time world experts ... & ... I can't skate ... however, I have watched ice dance skating since the days of Bernard Ford & Diane Towler, black & white tv on BBC Grandstand Saturday afternoon sport, commentator Alan Weeks

DOI is a competition & entertainment show like SCD (Strictly Come Dancing) ... perhaps I was muddling up the dance off criteria for the 2 premier tv shows ... I did enjoy Candice & Matt's performance much the better, yes she was in the air a lot, but so was Bonnie Langford who got to the final of DOI some years ago & she deffo couldn't skate, & no I didn't vote for her att ... Lemar has more potential than Candice, Jayne said his routine was difficult coupled with the limited time to train & he coming late to the show since Monty Pannesar had to back out due to an ankle injury ... ... ... sorry here, really sorry, but att I watched Lemar, I could see bent legs ... Don't know

Max is my favourite heart ... can't stand the personality of Kem ... Perri looks very good to go far in the show Dance

Message 100 of 299