Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will look forward to that

Wonder if they will show when John Barrowman skated as Elvis in a silver jumpsuit complete with bell bottoms.

God I hope not @Anonymous rofl

He already thinks it's HIS show....

Get rid of him next year and bring Ray Quinn in as a judge.

I love the idea of Ray Quinn as a judge on DOI in place of Barrowman.

Ray`s been there. He`d be fair, knowing how hard some of the challenges are.

Hope those fans of the show on social media and fan sites get behind the idea.

Barrowman repeat? FGS NO!!! 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 151 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Not much to say about the best of show. It was just as it said but not enough time to show all the best bits!

Great to see just how good Ray Quinn and Hayley Tamaddon were. I'd forgotten Suzanne Shaw and Jake Quickenden who were excellent. James Jordan another great winner.

Interesting to note Perry featured very heavily in the show and Joe Swash didn't.

Also the 5 best Bolero skates chosen by Chris and Jayne were

Ray

Hayley

Suzanne

James

Perry.

So 4 of those were winners and Perry wasn't.

Says it all really.

They listed the people in next weeks show and Joe wasn't included. So that myth dispelled.

It's Movie Week and hopefully Faye smashes it!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 152 of 186

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I too had forgotten some of the past winners and some of the bottom of the barrel ones.  As for the judges, why on why did they think Louis Spence was of any value? 

Rather impressed at Gophers and Wannabe's editing skills in completely omitting Christine Bleakly from any shots. Not only that, little mention of paying respect to Tony Gubba either. Though I did miss the first hour so I may be wrong there but there seemed to be a lot of Schofield and Willowby love-in. 

Apparently last weeks 2 hour show had 19 minutes of skating....

Message 153 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@sheepdog 

There was one clip of Christine. Blink and you missed it. As for Louis Spence, thank god he was there for one season only. (or was he?)

My memory fades....?rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Loved the show - with a few exceptions [Louis Spence as a judge and Gemma attempting to skate Crazy] - and it was great to see Ray; Hayley and Suzanne skating.

Looking forward to next week. Shame that Joe-W isnt returning. Hope Faye smashes it. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 155 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

So Jason Donovan is out due to the back injury which has not improved.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/14127734/dancing-on-ices-jason-donovan-quit-back-injury-devastated/ 

Bring back Joe Warren Plant rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 156 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the latest info @Cleoriff 

Whilst I wish no-one any harm or injury, I`m pleased Jason has been dropped from the show.

Bring back Joe-W and some brilliant skating and a good competition between him and Faye.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 157 of 186

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the announcement that Jason has withdrawn from DOI, his fans are now crying on Twitter for the whole show to be cancelled... rage

Simple ways to "save" the show? -Bring back Joe-W and replace Barrowman with Ray Quinn as a judge yahoo "Simples"

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 158 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I have great sympathy for anyone with a bad back. I've suffered with this debilitating condition for years. However, I'm pleased he has left. His fan base would have ensured he was kept in, ensuring that far better skaters were eliminated.

We saw it last year with Joe Swash and when he was announced the winner it was the biggest farce ever.

We all know Perri Kielty was the better skater by a country mile.

I just hope that doesn't happen again.

I can't wait to see the new partnership with Kate and Matt Evers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 159 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Music for Sunday

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SON CHO OH, PRETTY WOMAN Pretty Woman DANCING"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHO' YOU SHOULD BE DANCING Saturday Night Fever DANCING ON യ"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHOICE CHOICE TOWN CALLED MALICE Billy Elliot DANCING ര"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHOI CHOI MOON RIVER Breakfast at Tiffany's DANCING C ON"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG SODICE CHOICE JURASSIC PARK (MAIN THEME) Jurassic Park"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 160 of 186