Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing On Ice 2021

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The first of 12 contestants has been announced for the new series starting in 2021

Myleene Klass

myleene klass dancing on ice 2021

The judging panel remains the same as last year with Torvill and Dean, AShley Banjo and John Barrowman.

It will be hosted by Phil and Holly.

I read somewhere there will be a change in professional skaters. Not sure of all of them, though I do know that Alex Murphy who partnered Joe Swash to his unexpected win last year, has not been asked to return!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34089057/dancing-on-ice-2021-announces-first-celebrity-myl... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 186
185 REPLIES 185

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I'm not surprised with all the injuries and 2 covid cases they had.  Gutted they didn't bring Joe back.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 162 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for posting the music for this week`s DOI @Cleoriff 

Interesting choices. 

I`m gonna be rooting for Faye for the final as Joe-W not coming back and for LL to be evicted this week.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 163 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Movie Week.

Judges Challenge this week: Solo skate in unison with partners, including 3 spins

Colin and Klebara Skated to 'You should Be Dancing. Wow, what an excellent skate. Completed judges challenge well and Scored 37.5

Rebekah and Andy. Skated to Moon River. Skated very well and much improved Scored 34.0

Sonny Jay and  Angela  Skating to A Town Called Malice. A bit OTT I thought and messed up judges challenge. However, the judges conveniently seemed to have missed that. John Barrowman mentioned the mess up of the judges challenge although gave him a 9! Overmarked with 37.5 (judges favourite in my opinion!)

Then slap bang in the middle of our performances we had an awful rendition of something from Mulan with 4 of the professionals skating. Not good for those waiting to skate!

Faye and Matt. Skating to Oh Pretty Woman.  An excellent skate and such a shame about the wobble on the judges challenge Scored 34.5. 

Lady Leshurr and Brendyn. Skating to Theme from Jurassic Park. Not very good. Poor lift. Messed up the judges challenge. Scored 33.5.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 164 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Skate off between

Rebekah and Lady Leshurr. Both made mistakes.

Split vote and Lady Leshurr is through to next week. .

Next week it's props week and all couples skate twice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 165 of 186

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So a suggestion to ITV: get rid of the dinosaurs and have T-rex and Velociraptor host instead yahoo

Message 166 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I loved the way T Rex went for Ashley....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 167 of 186

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My opinions

Colin - good performance, much improved - agreed with judges` scores

Rebeka - difficult skate to slower number than other celebs - under-scored by judges

Sonny Jay - messed up judges` challenge - over-scored by judges` [obviously judges` favourite]

Faye - wobble in judges` challenge - under-scored by judges

LL - messed up judges` challenge, poor skate - agreed with judges` scores, bottom of leader board.

Skate off - Rebeka and LL. Can`t believe Rebeka voted off. Both made mistakes but overall Rebeka the better skater.

Looking forward to next week`s semi-final with, at last, "props" which should be fun to watch.

Still hoping Faye wins DOI.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 168 of 186

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Semi-Final music choices. Each couple skates twice.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHOICE NG RIVER Bishop Briggs"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHOICE SWEET DISPOSITION The Temper Trap NG"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHO' 0:30 CA PLANE POUR MOI Plastic Bertrand NG"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "CANG BABY, I LOVE YOUR WAY Big Mountain DA'"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SO CO CH THE BEST James Bay DA"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SO CH IT DON'T MEAN A THING (IF IT AIN'T GOT THAT SWING) Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga DA"

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "SONG CHOICE SHOUT Lulu"

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and text that says "SONG CHOICE NO ONE Alicia Keys"

Come on Faye!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 169 of 186

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Some less than inspiring music this week apart from a couple of exceptions

Message 170 of 186