Did you mean: 

Community Recap: July 2021

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Well well well,

how are we all doing today? Another month went by and looking back sooooo much has happened on the community. So in our Community Recap for July we are looking back at all the amazing things you guys posted on here. Thanks for all your games, laughs, talent, knowledge … ❤️

recap.jpg

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

The Games

Football Club Word Scramble

Another small game for you. Taking into account that you were wishing for more words in the last Word Scramble game, we had curated a list of a total of 25 words. This time they were all themed around English Football teams. Go check it out.

White Room Quiz  "Odd Questions" ed

Even though the White Room Quizzes by @Mi-Amigo are always a highlight we got treated to something special this month. We enjoyed an "Odd Questions" edition with 8 questions that were not your usual “pub quiz” questions.

Guess the Movie!

We brought back an old classic from the older days of the community - Guess the Movie! The rules are simple: There were a total of eight films shown in eight individual, cropped images/screenshots of each film. It is for you to find out which film is behind which image. And guess what? You found them.

World Emoji Day Super Quiz

It was World Emoji Day and as you may or may not know - It is also the birthday of a certain quiz here on the community. And for this special birthday we went all out. With not 5, not 10, not 15 - NO 21 TV shows disguised as emojis. And you guessed them all!

The Laughs

Wednesday Laugh

Laughter is the best medicine and doctor @Bambino has posted many Wednesday laughs in the past and this month was no exception. Go check them out…

(Our Own) Bad hotel/holiday related reviews - for the LOLs 🙂

We all had them, horrible hotels, horrendous holiday experiences - and after a few years we can even laugh about them. @Projectionist created a thread for all the funny reviews we have - it is well worth it…

The Talents

Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2021 - Shortlist

The shortlist for the Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2021 has been released and there are some absolutely stunning images in the competition this year! Take a look and let me know which entry should win in September when the results are announced.

Community Spotlight: PhoneChanger

It's been a while that we had a Community Spotlight here on the Community. Now we are finally back and are super excited to shine the spotlight on @PhoneChanger, who has been a member of the community since 2013.

The Discussions

What games do people play

Quit playing’ games with my heart but download some on my phone. @Pipstop78 created a thread to find out what we are playing on our phones and we found some common favourites. Check them out…

Ransomware attack on Kaseya - 1500 firms affected

Cyberattacks, Hackers - the internet is a dangerous place. The so-called supply-chain attack on Kaseya is being labeled the worst ransomware attack to date because it spread through software that companies, known as managed service providers, use to administer multiple customer networks, delivering software updates and security patches. @pgn shared some information on what happened.

Caffe Nero

We can all agree coffee is essential and a free coffee is even more essential. @Jane110 asked the question we all been dying to ask - will Caffe Nero stay on O2 Priority? Find out here…

Jeff Bezos - Astronaut

C'mon Jeffrey, you can do it, pave the way, put your back into it - Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has left planet earth and @Bambino made a thread about it…

Electric Cars aka EV's

If you think this forum is only filled with experts on mobiles and tariffs- you are wrong. If you are looking to get an electric car or a hybrid - look no further. @madasaf1sh created a thread for all the car experts…

Can we all agree...

A heatwave struck the UK and it was almost too hot to handle. Thankfully @Anonymous had us covered with some fashion advice. But beware this might still be a little hot…

The Events

🏆 Tokyo 2020 Discussion Post 🏆

It was that time again. For the official start of Tokyo 2020 we are now super excited to watch what was happening in Japan. What have you watched? Who are you cheering for? Who got a medal?Head over to the thread to see what went down.

👽 Sci-Fi Movie Night - Get in Your Vote! 👽

We came back to announce our fifth official Community Movie Night. After the last two fright nights, we thought we lighten things up a bit (for me mainly) with a Science Fiction themed movie night. Having had a look around on major streaming platforms, we found a great selection of films to chose from! This months winner was “Arrival”.

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

What Is NEW?

5G - Check the facts

5G is game-changing. We are already seeing the impact it is having in industries worldwide. With any advance in technology people will always have questions. These include ‘Is 5G safe?’ ‘Are 5G masts safe?’ ‘Can 5G spread #COVID-19?’ ‘Why do we need 5G?’. In our latest campaign video, our Head of Policy and Communications Gareth Elliott answers these key questions and provides you with the facts about 5G.

The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G has launched!

A phone that’s as good as it looks. Get the best views with its immersive displays. Capture share-worthy shots every time, with multiple cameras. Stay in charge, with long lasting batteries. Keep the connection going and get 5G ready to tap into super-fast internet speeds.

Virgin Media O2 launches first ever National Databank

Virgin Media O2, together with Good Things Foundation, has launched the first ever National Databank – to tackle data poverty by providing free mobile data to people in need. 

The threads above are just a small selection of the great content posted by all of you last month. So don't be shy - Let me know your highlights from July below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB for the July Community Recap and the mention of the Odd Question edition of the White Room Quiz.

In fact, the White Room Quiz also had a celebration in July - with the 150th WRQ on 21 July.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/The-150th-White-Room-Quiz/td-p/1472576

There was plenty to enjoy during the month.

I loved the Football Club Word Scramble but the Guess The Movie and Emoji Super Quiz were more than a challenge for me 😄 ; and I love Movie Night and was pleased Arrival got chosen as I hadn`t seen it before and enjoyed it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 11

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Oh sorry @Mi-Amigo I forgot - you are absolutely right there was another birthday grin

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 11

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@jonsie I feel the same - there is so much happening and this is just a selection 😅

signature

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We did very well considering the heatwave.

Enjoyed the Tokyo Olympics more than I thought I would.

Loved all the quizzes.......

I know now I'm talking about this is THIS month but you better get the forum sorted otherwise we won't have another WORD HUNT DIAMOND whilst we are still having the OP posted on EVERY SINGLE PAGE!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

Oh sorry @Mi-Amigo I forgot - you are absolutely right there was another birthday grin

No problem @LukasB 

Oh and yes...

I think @TheresaV `s "Guess The Movie" and @LukasB "Super Emoji Game" was revenge by the two of you on me for the White Room Quizzes 😉 😀

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 11

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@LukasB wrote:

No problem @LukasB 

Oh and yes...

I think @TheresaV `s "Guess The Movie" and @LukasB "Super Emoji Game" was revenge by the two of you on me for the White Room Quizzes 😉 😀

We would never do that @Mi-Amigo 😬

signature

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

An unexpected mention! I like this recap thing. There's often something I've missed or forgotten about, so thank you @LukasB @TheresaV @Martin-O2 

Message 9 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Like @Anonymous, these monthly retrospectives are really great - I had missed that Spotlight, which I will now go read. It is great to read about other members of the Community 👍

Message 10 of 11