Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours In Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the sixth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of colour-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other colour-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but those in the list. Should you find any of the words in songs not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [colour-related word] in [name of song it appreas in].

This Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow [Monday 13 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 11pm Tuesday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after midnight until 11pm.

The list of colour-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 409
408 REPLIES 408

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good luck in the pub quiz @pgn 

You might get questions from Thursday Quiz, which might raise a laugh, or even give clues to this weeks.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 341 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Black ~ Tell Me What You See ? I don't want to read back so have you missed this off your list @Mi-Amigo 

@jonsie  No problem. This was on my list and found by @Bambino on 23 May.

Just to clarify this particular answer. I understand why @jonsie made that choice. In the list of words found, @Mi-Amigo has been listing the song as TELL ME WHY, which has no colour lyrics in it, instead of TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE, which is the song I chose on 23 May. 

Very valid and correct point @Bambino . I did indeed mistakenly put Tell Me Why instead of Tell Me What You See.

I hope my mistake didn`t spoil things too much for anyone.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 342 of 409

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 343 of 409

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

I only spotted the error @jonsie  because I was scrolling through the answers to double check what answers had been given for BLUE before I posted my PM for the last ones.Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 344 of 409

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 345 of 409

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions
Pub quiz Q, How many Beatles UK Number 1s have LOVE or LOVES in the title?

PS, We got the answer wrong...
Message 346 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn I make it 4: Love Me Do, She Loves You, Can't Buy Me Love and All You Need Is Love.

The only ones I know anyway. What did you say?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 347 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Pub quiz Q, How many Beatles UK Number 1s have LOVE or LOVES in the title?

PS, We got the answer wrong...

Four:

More info
She Loves You; Can`t Buy Me Love; All You Need Is Love; Real Love. Love Me Do wasn`t Number 1.
More info

And I`ve got one for you to try out at the pub quiz...

How many times is the word LOVE sung in All You Need Is Love?

And yes I have actually counted them...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 348 of 409

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions
Based on what we thought was 17 UK No 1s by the Beatles, we guesstimated 5 LOVE/LOVES.

The QM's answer, which is binding, was 3. I may contest it next week, if I can get a solid, confirmed list
Message 349 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25228 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Based on what we thought was 17 UK No 1s by the Beatles, we guesstimated 5 LOVE/LOVES.

The QM's answer, which is binding, was 3. I may contest it next week, if I can get a solid, confirmed list

@pgn 

Let me know which songs were on the quizmasters list and I`ll provide you with solid, confirmed list with references from recognised official sources - not websites or fanbases.

As a matter of interest, which five songs did you think?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 350 of 409