10-03-2019 11:10 - edited 10-03-2019 11:45
Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.
THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE
To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.
- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.
- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics
- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included
- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]
- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]
- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]
- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player
- all entries must be submitted as follows:
[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]
- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day
- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post
- some lyrics contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post
- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded
- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included
no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions
There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.
Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts
Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.
on 10-03-2019 11:15
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
on 10-03-2019 12:25
Mr Kite - Being for the Benifit of Mr Kite
on 10-03-2019 20:26
Taxman, Mr Wilson, taxman, Mr - only allowed one name a day baggsie this song for tomorrow as well
For the benefit of members (taking part and viewing) could you please say which song lyrics are from?
- "Mr Wilson" in song "xxxx" Thank you and welcome to the Challenge @MusicIan