Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Eleanor Rigby, Eleanor Rigby.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lucy in the sky with Diamonds (On song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

(Edited to add song)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 374

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Lady Madonna, on song Lady Madonna

Edited to add song

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 374

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 5 of 374

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Paul - Glass Onion

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 374

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Taxman, Mr Wilson, taxman, Mr - only allowed one name a day baggsie this song for tomorrow as well

Message 8 of 374

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MusicIan wrote:

Taxman, Mr Wilson, taxman, Mr - only allowed one name a day baggsie this song for tomorrow as well

For the benefit of members (taking part and viewing) could you please say which song lyrics are from?

- "Mr Wilson" in song "xxxx" Thank you and welcome to the Challenge @MusicIan 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 374

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

From "Taxman" - Revolver. George Harrison wrote it as I remember

Message 10 of 374