Did you mean:ย 

๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป ๐ŸŽ„Christmas activities during lockdown ๐ŸŽ„ ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Whilst the second UK lockdown has officially ended a lot of us across the UK are still in the quite restrictive tier's which means that Christmas plans might be a bit different this year.

We'd love to hear about your plans for Christmas if you're in one of the higher tiers or have someone in in the family who's more vulnerable. 

Are you still planning on visiting family on Christmas day? If so are you taking any precautions to keep yourself and loved one safe? 

Christmas vaccine.png

Will you be taking advantage of the advancements in technology and having a virtual Christmas visit with friends and relatives or will you be delaying meeting up and having a late Christmas dinner in the new year once the vaccine has been rolled out?

Let us know how you're adapting to the unique circumstances this year to make sure you have a safe but enjoyable Christmas!  

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Will be Facetiming both sets of parents and keeping the doors firmly locked wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
My other half is working all of Christmas and to make it worse 12 hour shifts ๐Ÿ˜ž

My mother in law is dropping off the Christmas Dinner, and we will drop off pressies on Christmas Eve for the nieces and nephews ..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall be spending Christmas Day & Boxing Day with my mum, who is elderly and vulnerable.

My son and his wife will be having a quality Christmas by themselves, as Emma only has 2 days off.

They have had a little something in the post from me to put under their Christmas tree, and hopefully, Emma's mum will be doing the Christmas prezzie run for the family

No activities as such

Me, my cat Marty, big tin of Quality Street, rose wine with lemonade, and anything I want on the telly

Hoping I can stay with mum to watch Strictly Come Dancing Christmas show

I may even decorate my ultra lightweight 4-wheeled rollator Bouncy

Message 4 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin'ย 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Martin-O2 

I enjoy every day whatever the date. Not a Chrissy person but join in. I like to get up early ..pop out to feed the garden birds and look at the early morning light, I like this time of day.

Been with the Robins today such a joy.  Talk to some neighbours at a distance of course everyone in good heart. Chrissy lights up around and about looks jolly. Well wishing Chrissy cards put into letter box and received. We are in tier 2 .. most people are doing the right thing.

2 of my neighbours have been called for the vaccine, this week. They will not be doing anything different after that and intend to be extremely careful, they tell me. No relatives will be arriving.  All communication via Internet pressies sent ages ago.๐Ÿ˜Š

I am not sure what I'm cooking on the 25th..May be steak and kidney pie with roast potatoes with Yorkshire pudding!  I  don't visit anyone now used to walk round to friends but not now, use email or phone. Covid is vicious for most ages still need to give it respect.Have a good Christmas all  whatever you do keep safe๐ŸŽ…

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122379 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We will be visiting the grandaughter on Christmas morning to drop off Christmas presents.

Steak, mushrooms and all the trimmings for lunch. Watching TV and generally just slobbing around.rofl

Boxing Day remains to be seen. We have booked a family meal at a restaurant.

However, unless we move out of Tier 3 that will be cancelled and no I won't be cooking lunch. (Those days are well over for me)

I've cooked a Christmas or Boxing day lunch for 40+ years and stopped this 6 years ago. So as a family we now go out but as I say, this will be tier dependent.

All other presents are sorted, so they will be exchanged on Boxing Day.

I'm expecting a quiet one this year. santa

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds like a plan @MI5yahoo Keep that door firmly closed all day! sweat_smile

Ouch that's a tough shift to be working over @madasaf1sh. so will it be just you for most of the day? 

Cool @Anonymous sounds like you have everything worked out for a nice Christmas. santa

I'm the same @TallTrees not much of a Christmas person but I still enjoy the day it's self. I think we'll be doing something similar this year and staying local and just communicating online. 

Edit to reply to @Cleoriff! When you find out if you move down a tier? It would be a shame to miss out on the boxing day meal! 

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122379 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

December 16th @Martin-O2 ...2 days from now! fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Martin-O2

I will be only my own from 9am till 10pm everyday over the Christmas Weekend or until i pick her up and take her to work...

At least it means i get to play on the XBOX all weekend slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you @Cleoriff! fingers_crossed

Every cloud has a silver lining @madasaf1sh sweat_smile I wouldn't mind having a free pass to play the PlayStation all day! 

signature

Message 10 of 14