Did you mean: 

🎅🏻 🎄Christmas activities during lockdown 🎄 🎅🏻

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Whilst the second UK lockdown has officially ended a lot of us across the UK are still in the quite restrictive tier's which means that Christmas plans might be a bit different this year.

We'd love to hear about your plans for Christmas if you're in one of the higher tiers or have someone in in the family who's more vulnerable. 

Are you still planning on visiting family on Christmas day? If so are you taking any precautions to keep yourself and loved one safe? 

Christmas vaccine.png

Will you be taking advantage of the advancements in technology and having a virtual Christmas visit with friends and relatives or will you be delaying meeting up and having a late Christmas dinner in the new year once the vaccine has been rolled out?

Let us know how you're adapting to the unique circumstances this year to make sure you have a safe but enjoyable Christmas!  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm going to my eldest son's for Christmas dinner and will be on Zoom calls to my youngest son in Berlin

Germany is on total lockdown until January 10th

If I have time and if she is lucky I will also facetime my wife on the Line app. Thailand has closed it's borders since March and it looks like it will be summer before flights are allowed from low risk countries

So I've no idea if a vaccine certificate will be enough for any visitors from the UK

As they are mainly a Buddhist country they don't celebrate Christmas but they have always had Christmas holidays because of the large Christian influx of tourists

It amuses me when my wife asks me what I'm buying her for Christmas, how quick they adopt our customs when it's for their benefit smirk

We were in Tier three for a month and then we had the month of national lockdown and we are still in Tier three so I will be mainly at home for the duration of the festive season as the pubs remain closed even on the five day break. Some break!

As for the latest tech? Still trying to save up! Trying to maintain costs for two homes is difficult enough without a needy wife Bang

So it's Netflix and Prime Video for the duration and avoidance o f all Christmas adverts and jolities Good IdeaGrumpypoop

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I shall be avoiding all contact with the human race.
Message 12 of 14

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4445 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Christmas in this household, just like most others in the country, will be a bit different this year.  The plan is our son and his wife will visit briefly for an outdoor visit to exchange gifts, then return to their house for Christmas dinner.  Our daughter, husband and grandkids will hopefully look in too for a short visit, before once more heading to their place for their meal.  We're in tier 3 (Scotland) here, so we don't really have a great deal of choice what we do.  I'm guessing that'll leave my wife and I staring at each other blankly while wearing our paper hats. 

Time to pull another cracker I think. 

Stay safe all and have a nice Christmas.

Message 13 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That sounds like a nice Christmas day @jonsie! I think we're lucky that the pandemic happened at a time when video calls actually work really well and while it's not the same it's still a nice way to get in touch with friends and family we can't meet in person. smiling

Haha that's one way to do it @Anonymous! sweat_smile I often feel like doing that at Christmas but always enjoy the day in the end. 

It's tough this year @BobM. We've just moved into tier 3 here and they're discussing cancelling the "Christmas bubbles" so I'm unsure exactly what I'll be doing Christmas day. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 14