Did you mean: 

🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻Your Favourite Christmas TV Adverts🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey guys,

hope you are well today. ’Tis the season and nothing says it’s Christmas for me than when the Christmas ads come on. While I have so many ones i like I picked a few favourites of mine to share with you. Some of them you might know but there also might be a wonderful surprise in here.

O2

You may have seen the O2 Bubl Christmas ad by now. We talked about it here but in case you live under a rock, you can see it below.

Coca Cola

This is an absolute classic - nothing gets me in the mood like this. As an absolute Coca Cola enthusiast this is my ad since I was 5. My dad even took me to see the trucks once. Always Coca Cola.

John Lewis

I know most of you will know the John Lewis ads and are waiting for the new one to come out every year. Though I love them all this one from 2014 has to be my favourite. And no I am not crying you are….

Edeka

This one most of you may not know. It is by a German Supermarket and for me still one of the best ads ever. It does come with subtitles for the two lines spoken but I think the message is pretty clear without it. And I know they are trying to sell me stuff but I still think it shows the meaning of Christmas.

What is your favourite Christmas ad? Which one says tis the season like no other or makes your eyes water? Post them below I cannot wait to watch them.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant idea for Christmas On The Community @LukasB 

Who can`t help but love Bubl and the O2 ad ? Gotta be my favourite TV Christmas ad for 2020.

I liked the Edeka ad with its message.

Sorry but Coca Cola ad is now so old and dated. Surely they could come up with something new? And that`s not because I love Pepsi and don`t like Coke joy 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
For me it was the dog on the trampoline - another John Lewis number.
Favorite song though would be Lily Allen covering Keane's Somewhere Only We Know, closely followed by last year's Bastille cover of Can't Fight This Feeling.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 29

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo haha This one is from 97 I think but its still so good - it is from when I was a fetus - memories joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 29

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@gmarkj thats the one with the bear and the hare? I was this close to picking this one over pingu ok_hand

signature

Message 5 of 29

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For @gmarkj John Lewis ad 2016 with Buster the Boxer

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Yes, that's the one @LukasB .

The dog on the trampoline is

Edgar the dragon deserves a special mention:

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 29

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

am I the only one or do they make you cry too @gmarkj @Mi-Amigo  joy

More info

signature

Message 8 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The John Lewis advert of Buster the Boxer is one of my all time favourites @LukasB 

I think the Coca Cola one is old hat now, particularly when you are watching 1000's of people cramming the streets...hardly in line with social distancing!

However, I notice this year a lot of small independent shops are doing Christmas adverts and I like those a lot.
There is one where a little lass is dressed as a Christmas fairy and I can't remember what shop that's promoting.

O2 Bubl is great, as is Aldi with Kevin the Carrot

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were all Douglas fans!

Message 10 of 29