cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Wi-Fi

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just wondering how many other places offer Wi-Fi on their local bus services?

The Wi-FI service on Brighton & Hove buses is fab I have to say 

Fantastic

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Ours is not password protected - please don't give them any ideas - they will probably start charging people to use it.  It was my life saver on a few occasions when I was a patient.

No Gemz...

In our hospital, although it IS password protected the password is given to patients should they ask for it. No charge. It is after all for the benefit of patients in a hospital...not random folk who will drop by any hospital at all hours...to only make use of the facility. wink

The decision to charge or even password protect is made by the individual NHS Trust hospitals...I suppose dependent on finances and the area in which you live

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

What an innovation it would be if O2 were to introduce wifi in all hospitals. What better way to help those recovering in hospital or sitting forever in the waiting room....

virtual kudos to you jonsie slight_smile

Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Manchester Royal has wifi but the local Bolton Royal doesn't. The system is there for in-patients to PAY to the company which also provides the over expensive pay tv. My post was that I thought it would be an innovation for O2 to provide free wifi at all hospitals not to infer that some hospitals didn't already have their own.:smileywink:

I agree it would be a good idea @jonsie ...as long as your intepretation of 'Free' runs alongside 'password protected' ....As I say the amount of 'ramblers' or call them what you will..to come through the doors of our hospital looking for free anything...at the weekends...beggars belief. Nurses are always finding strangers lurking in corridors up to no good ...a bit off putting at 3am in the morning..Rolleys

Good Idea Fantastic 

WispaRed7 :womanhappy:

Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Ours is not password protected - please don't give them any ideas - they will probably start charging people to use it.  It was my life saver on a few occasions when I was a patient.

No Gemz...

In our hospital, although it IS password protected the password is given to patients should they ask for it. No charge. It is after all for the benefit of patients in a hospital...not random folk who will drop by any hospital at all hours...to only make use of the facility. wink

The decision to charge or even password protect is made by the individual NHS Trust hospitals...I suppose dependent on finances and the area in which you live

Virtual kudos to you Cleoriff slight_smile

Message 34 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

you're lucky to get a bus up the Dales LOL

no wi-fi on buses in Skipton & surrounding area then wink

WispaRed7 Cat

Message 35 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke too soon, poo signals on the buses here lately. Can't seem to connect to the with my iPhone 6
Message 36 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I spoke too soon, poo signals on the buses here lately. Can't seem to connect to the with my iPhone 6

With all the stories we're getting on here, let's not be too quick in blaming the bus now.... Lol 

Message 38 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it was just that one bus. Today's is fine and I'm currently surfing on it wink
Message 40 of 46