cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Wi-Fi

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just wondering how many other places offer Wi-Fi on their local bus services?

The Wi-FI service on Brighton & Hove buses is fab I have to say 

Fantastic

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Travel pass for when he's out with the sandwich board
Message 21 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only down side is sometimes the bus driver doesnt have it turned on! d'oh
Message 22 of 46

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'd like to have wifi at our train stations as I sometimes wait 15 minutes for a train and it gets boring.....

Message 23 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

What an innovation it would be if O2 were to introduce wifi in all hospitals. What better way to help those recovering in hospital or sitting forever in the waiting room....

Message 24 of 46

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@jonsie  My local hospital now has a free wifi service and the speed is quite quick too considering the amount of people who will be using it - there's hundreds of staff alone nevermind patients.

Message 25 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Our hospital does have WiFi which is password protected. Available for patients staff and SOME visitors.

Quite right to password protect in my opinion. We have far too many people in at the weekends for various other reasons...drunks, brawlers, drug users, the homeless looking for an overnight stay etc etc etc. (we even have people using the hospital grounds to walk their dogs at night...)

I could just imagine the overload on limited weekend resources if people thought there was FREE wifi to be had as well. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 46

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Manchester Royal has wifi but the local Bolton Royal doesn't. The system is there for in-patients to PAY to the company which also provides the over expensive pay tv. My post was that I thought it would be an innovation for O2 to provide free wifi at all hospitals not to infer that some hospitals didn't already have their own.:smileywink:

Message 27 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Manchester Royal has wifi but the local Bolton Royal doesn't. The system is there for in-patients to PAY to the company which also provides the over expensive pay tv. My post was that I thought it would be an innovation for O2 to provide free wifi at all hospitals not to infer that some hospitals didn't already have their own.:smileywink:

I agree it would be a good idea @jonsie ...as long as your intepretation of 'Free' runs alongside 'password protected' ....As I say the amount of 'ramblers' or call them what you will..to come through the doors of our hospital looking for free anything...at the weekends...beggars belief. Nurses are always finding strangers lurking in corridors up to no good ...a bit off putting at 3am in the morning..Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 46

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I agree it would be a good idea @jonsie ...as long as your intepretation of 'Free' runs alongside 'password protected' ....As I say the amount of 'ramblers' or call them what you will..to come through the doors of our hospital looking for free anything...at the weekends...beggars belief. Nurses are always finding strangers lurking in corridors up to no good ...a bit off putting at 3am in the morning..Rolleys

A very good point...:smileysad:

Message 29 of 46

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Ours is not password protected - please don't give them any ideas - they will probably start charging people to use it.  It was my life saver on a few occasions when I was a patient.

Message 30 of 46