Did you mean: 

Broke?

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

So who did what to it this time?

A whole day off the air, and the MyO2 app was out from yesterday later afternoon too, as I thought I'd pay my bill while catching some rays in the front garden...

And there was me late on Saturday tyring to figure out why "My Network" app wasn't sending me an -mail or an SMS to "sign-in".

No, it couldn't have been.

Could it...? 😮

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25340 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At last, I`m back on.... Dunno for how long but ain`t gonna sign out....

Off to read notifications and posts...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 47

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25340 Posts
  • 830 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Deep intake of breath...

Not being able to access the forum, O2 webste, or My02 is more than an inconvenience to those who enjoy having a chat, banter or play games and take part in quizzes.

It goes far deeper than that and affected countless members or suscribers to 02 network and services.

Hundreds have taken to Twitter, only to be told that O2 is aware of the issue but can`t give a timescale as to when it will be fixed - How many times have we heard that fed to us from the platform provider ?

The key factor is people have been unable to pay their bill, check their data useage in My02, and could not make any purchase through the online shop.

As these issues all affect 02 directly financially, I sincerely hope that O2 will take the appropriate action against the platform provider rather than leap to defend Khoros when we, the members and users of this Community, have criticised the platform provider in the past.

Could @Martin-O2 @lewys-gp or @RafaC please tell us why we were not informed that Khoros were going to make "improvements" and why were not given an advanced warning ?

Despite the meeting between the CMs and Khoros AM, this bears out what many of us think, that much of what is said is empty promises and not only is nothing done to correct outstanding issues but things just go from bad to worse. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 47

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Won't take long, @Mi-Amigo - I was on here yesterday - quieter than a Trappist's day out to a cemetery...

Message 23 of 47

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, @Mi-Amigo. I'd like to say sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

I provided an update on Cleoriff's post, Mi-Amigo, which I hope answers any questions you may have.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 24 of 47

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Tying-in the Forum login to the main O2 website login was probably cost-saving, but ultimately it means that avenue of support is also affected when authentication on the main O2 site is crippled for some reason.  This appears to have been  what happened here, starting with the MyO2 app Oops screen on Saturday (and possibly the My Network app Sign-in earlier than that).

Still, off to pay my own bill using the MyO2 Wallet, as I could not do that on Sunday. Or Monday.

As for the full-duck Pixel 6 Pro I ordered in the online O2 Shop yesterday, maybe that order never got to O2 - shame, eh? 🤫

Message 25 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 26 of 47

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10555 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

To be honest tying in the forum to o2's iDP makes sense and is easier for support and maintenance, and also means you arent reliant on a vendors database and user management. it probably isnt cheaper as iDP integrations are not cheap... 

And it has nothing to do with Khoros..... 

From what I can tell, it also looks like something on the backend broke, so probably and this is all guess work...

1. The certficate expired

2. A backend infrastructure issue. 

3. the iDP fell over on the SAML Assertion 

4. The cleaner unplugged something. 

But I have ask to where is the DR solution, as if i took a critical customer infrastructure off line for 36 hours I would be asked serious questions. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 27 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie 

Your signature has been like that long before the forum went down. Three days ago I read a post you made some time ago and your sig was like that then. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 47

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Yes, @madasaf1sh - not a Khoros thing this time, but a gatekeeper problem. And the My Network app Sign-in, now I have been able to get it to work long enough, appears to be separate from O2's main login server anyway... If my reading of the below blurb is correct:

Screenshot_20220503-111729.png

Message 29 of 47

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie 

Your signature has been like that long before the forum went down. Three days ago I read a post you made some time ago and your sig was like that then. xx

It will have to stay incomplete until I leave hospital I'm afraid

Message 30 of 47